New OTA software due soon? (12 weeks since 0792)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

So if my calculations are correct, the iD software v2.1 (b.0792) was released approximately 12 weeks ago, so that should mean (if VW are to be believed) that an update is imminent.

If the 0792 is a daily build number then it should've 90 odd higher, but the 0792 number was touted long before it was released.

I'm surprised not to have heard more noise yet...

tkid

Post by tkid »

Looks like v2.3 will be coming later this month, or shortly thereafter.

https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/4564
Wolfsburg – Volkswagen is taking the next big step towards becoming a software-oriented mobility provider: from this summer, the brand will regularly send software updates “Over-the-Air” to models in its ID. family. This makes Volkswagen the first and only high-volume manufacturer to make this innovative technology available to its customers on a broad basis. The first model to benefit is the ID.3: the latest software version “ID.Software2.3” will be delivered to “First Movers Club” customers via mobile data transfer in July 2021. The update includes adjustments and improvements to operations, performance and comfort. Updates for all ID.3, ID.4 and ID.4 GTX customers will follow gradually. In the future, Volkswagen will update the software in its ID. cars every twelve weeks.
The first update for the all-electric ID. models comes with many functional improvements: these include enhanced ID. Light functionalities, optimised surroundings recognition and dynamic main beam control, improved operability and design modifications for the infotainment system, as well as performance and stability improvements.
tkid

Post by tkid »

Found this video in which the v2.3 update is covered in a little more detail:

CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Excellent news!

Some strange choices of prioritised features!
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Mine is going in on Monday for an error to be diagnosed, they suggested I may get this update when it goes in - I'll let you guys know.
ID.4 1st Edition
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Sooo...
V2.3 announced a couple of weeks ago with "First movers" (inc a number of YouTubers) getting it first. Anyone else noticed the lack of anyone posting videos of the updated SW yet? Not seen any official announcement, but I wonder if early OTA experiences weren't that great.
tkid

Post by tkid »

If anyone is interested in seeing how the 1st part of the OTA software update goes (there are apparently 2 parts), there is a video available here:

He is still waiting for the 2nd part of the OTA update, but has posted the version differences of the various modules that have been updated by the 1st update here:

tkid

Post by tkid »

Anyone had their software update notification pop up yet?
Mine came up on Aug 2 but had to dismiss it (as I was driving at the time) - I pressed the home button so it didn't finish displaying what the update was about. Thought I'd get the notification back when leaving the car, but nothing came up. Have not seen anything since - I thought maybe it would check again the following week, but nothing.
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

I had the exact same thing happen to me
ID.4 1st Edition
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

karlwoolley wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 pm I had the exact same thing happen to me

Yep me too. Pop up notification then nada....
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2