New OTA software due soon? (12 weeks since 0792)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

Hi Jeff,

Yes I believe almost everybody has received this looking at the ID4 facebook groups.
Fingers crossed it wont be long now we've all agreed to it!!
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.

wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

davidf27 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:01 am Hi Jeff,

Yes I believe almost everybody has received this looking at the ID4 facebook groups.
Fingers crossed it wont be long now we've all agreed to it!!
Nice one, thanks David.
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Email received and responded. Could be weeks yet...
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I received an email From VW We Connect last week. This is part of it. "From autumn 2021, you can benefit from new functions and more comfort without having to visit a workshop. In order to receive the ID.Software Update for your vehicle with the vehicle identification number ???????????nnnnnn, we need your one-time consent within the next two weeks. Once you have given your consent, it may take a few weeks for the update for your ID. to be ready for installation".

I acknowledged that I would like to accept the OTA update and am now waiting patiently for it to happen.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:42 pm I received an email From VW We Connect last week. This is part of it. "From autumn 2021, you can benefit from new functions and more comfort without having to visit a workshop. In order to receive the ID.Software Update for your vehicle with the vehicle identification number ???????????nnnnnn, we need your one-time consent within the next two weeks. Once you have given your consent, it may take a few weeks for the update for your ID. to be ready for installation".

I acknowledged that I would like to accept the OTA update and am now waiting patiently for it to happen.
Yes, got that too, consent given.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Got a notice saying software available this morning. Dash board lit up like Christmas. Clicked okay. When I got to my destination I clicked go. Big mistake, took dog for a walk for an hour, still half way through the update. Couldn’t drive it or pause it. Not entirely sure how long it took but I’d imagine it was around an hour and half.
TIP: Don’t do what I did, wait until bedtime 🙄. Lesson learned. No idea what the update has done either.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

This is a follow up from the topic "Major Sensor/Software Problems", as I think it's more appropriate here. Yesterday, I thought that my car had performed it's update, but apparently not. Today when I got in the car, I checked the settings menu and my software version was still 0792. however, I was presented with the option to update and duly accepted. I left the car for a couple of hours. When I returned the infotainment screen showed that the system update was complete and I'm now on version 2.3 (0910).
Last edited by Warrior on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

I got the pre-update update today. As I got in the car this afternoon the alerts set off and I knew something was happening - just as I was off shopping.

A few hours later, back home, I started the update. Not sure how long it took and apart from a message saying the system was completing the update when I got in a couple of hours later there's not a lot to show so far. I'm still on 0792 (v2.1). Seen mention of this pre-update update that updates the OTA capabilities before the main v2.3 update; expecting that to drop over the next few days.

As I was writing this I've just seen Warrior's latest confirmation of v2.3 dropping 24 hours or so after this pre-update update.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm Got a notice saying software available this morning. Dash board lit up like Christmas. Clicked okay. When I got to my destination I clicked go. Big mistake, took dog for a walk for an hour, still half way through the update. Couldn’t drive it or pause it. Not entirely sure how long it took but I’d imagine it was around an hour and half.
TIP: Don’t do what I did, wait until bedtime 🙄. Lesson learned. No idea what the update has done either.
In total, my car did 3 ‘updates’. I’m still not convinced its over. Something's changed, the centre display layout has changed. One thing’s for certain, I won’t do it again until I’m absolutely sure I’m not going anywhere for a while. Still, on the plus side, my dog got an extra walk.
I also noticed the front page of the app on my phone greys out when the update is happening.
ID.4 1st edition
finzi4ever

Post by finzi4ever »

Thanks to Warrior, I too have now moved to this thread from starting the 'major sensor/software problems' thread. It took another two days for the pre-update to finally take - lots of clicking install in a very strong 4G area but just didn't happen. Now I'm in the same situation with the 170 min proper update: sometimes it tells me there's an update, sometimes not; when there is I follow due process and I'm told it will update when I've locked the car etc, but it never actually does - at least not in the last 2 days I've been trying it (again with 4 bars of 4G showing). Why is it not taking????