Unable to load connection status

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Mine went offline for no reason on Tuesday. I was able to reconnect and it has been all ok since.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2

Richpa

Post by Richpa »

My connection is becoming increasingly intermittent - only succeeding once per week now.
I have also emailed the we-connect support.
I called my dealer (Carrs Truro) but after 2 weeks they have not had the courtesy to reply.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I have the same problem. App will not connect to the car on either my or my wife’s phone.
I have emailed we connect support for advice.
Last week the car lost a software certificate and would not charge. This was fixed by the dealer by a software reload. VW has no idea why it happened therefore can’t guarantee it won’t happen again.
Not a good week for VW software!
Richpa

Post by Richpa »

One of my reasons for me switching to a VW was I thought it would be reliable. I still hope, that in general the car will be. What is becoming increasingly clear however is that the software is particularly buggy. I suspect that many owners issues with the we connect app is actually due to issues with the car connecting to the Internet. This appears to be fairly random in terms of success in my experience. I have also had faults flag up with parking distance control, forward collision alert sensors and impact protection pre-tensioners. The car is only a few weeks old. All alerts appear to self correct on subsequent journeys. This leads me to suspect software bugs rather than hardware faults. I have just had a software update today and hope that these irritations will gradually get ironed out. I got a response from we connect regarding the Internet connection issue which clearly demonstrated that the did not actually read my message but just sent a stock reply that was irrelevant. Not a good indicator of customer support. Compared to my previous range rover, the iD4 appears to be less evolved in terms of software and the dealer experience falls well short. At least the door handles manage to open the doors which is one bonus over the range rover!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I agree with you about the software issues. I'm sure they will get ironed out over time, but I understand your frustration. I believe it's something VW should have invested in a lot more, before launching the car when they did. One consolation though, in the USA they appear to have all sorts of issues and don't even have some of the features we have, one being auto hold.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
mrmfirc

Post by mrmfirc »

Our connection via WeConnect is a lot more stable since the last app update although it's still far from perfect. At least the app doesn't crash and fail to restart anymore. Small mercies.
ID4 City Pure 52 kWh
PodPoint Solo
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

Ive had this come back again for the past few days. Have logged it with VW again who said they are "working on a fix".
First time was pre 2.3 update and lasted about 5 days, this time is a month after 2.3 update and has lasted 4 days so far...
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
Richpa

Post by Richpa »

My car is currently at the dealer to have the Unable to load connection status issue looked at. It always surprises me that the dealers act as though this is something new that has never happened before - their own loan car (an id3) has the connection fault logged on the main info screen. I will post once I get the car back - I'm expecting to get a " we've checked the software and it appears to be working now" type response and then for the issue to return next week!!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Picked mine up today and it’s very nice but noticed the main info screen inverted on two occasions after being off for an hour or two. Also the pixel count of the screen was perhaps a tenth of what it should be. Turning it off on the power button for ten seconds cured it but it’s frustrating. Tried to replicate to show my son and after switching on after ten minutes being turned off and guess what it worked perfectly.
Richpa

Post by Richpa »

The id4 spent a day with the dealer who did a "Hard Reset" of the modem - something requiring their laptop apparently - you cant do it yourself. Following this the car connected for the next 4 days. Now it is not working again. Apparently VW are "completely unaware of this issue" so I suggested that they take a look at forums such as this one and the iD3 forum. I expressed my displeasure as the car is now booked in again for 20th January. The service receptionist said that they do report issues when cars are returned under warranty but in reality, he said, if you buy a new car such as this from VW you are a beta tester! So we now refer to our car as the id4 beta!