Unable to load connection status

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Justanotherwilliam

Post by Justanotherwilliam »

I've got the same issue, started about 4 days ago, whilst coincidently having a software update available.

I can get the car online, and the software update won't "activate" either.

I wonder if they have found some bugs in the software update, so force the cars offline to prevent more from installing it

(currently on v. 2.3...i don't think it's the 2.4 update)

Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

We have also had software upgrades this weekend, but they were minor and took less than 5 minutes. I’ve also had the cannot connect to 4G, and so in parallel to we connect.

In my experience two things to share:
Worth ringing Central Europe support via the uk number, they will ask for photos of displays, but nothing extreme. Here’s the rub, my connection returned after five days of them ‘looking into it’. They never confirmed what they did, and my local dealer could not find out, they just sent an email 24 hours afterwards saying ‘your problem should be fixed’.

In parallel we had booked it in because my dealer could not resolve quickly, but we subsequently cancelled the slot as above.

Hope it helps. No recurrence since. V2.4 upgrade planned next week.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
VWJetta86

Post by VWJetta86 »

We took delivery of ID4 last week 18.7.22 I can log in on my phone but won't make connection when I scan code on screen. Im in as "Guest driver"
Everything seems to be working ok so what am I missing out on if its not connected ?? Its not loaded Spotify from my phone but its got iTunes ok and phone book is there. Still trying to work out the rest . apart from this really pleased!
Anyway Ive booked it in to Swansway next week will keep you posted on events!
Life Pure 52kwh White