We Connect ID app loses vehicle registration

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

I have been in touch with customer service in Germany and they are looking into it. They were having system problems at the time and couldn't do anything immediately but it was indicated that it was probably a problem at their end. I was told they would get back to me by email - that was 6 hours ago!
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.

VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

Switching to Offline Mode in the car, then exiting and locking, followed by unlocking and powering up, then going back to Online Mode seems to have worked. Car and We Connect App are talking to one another again.
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Glad to hear it's all sorted. I think we'll all need to get used to little problems with all the technology involved in these cars. If you think about it, we all reboot or restart our computer, phones and tablets at some time. Slightly off topic, but a friend had a problem with his Now TV stick recently. To resolve this, he restarted it by pressing the reset button.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Deleted User 251

Post by Deleted User 251 »

Warrior wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:28 pm If you think about it, we all reboot or restart our computer, phones and tablets at some time.
Think you're absolutely right. Trouble is we are very used to what's needed in the operating systems we are familiar with but the VW system doesn't seem to be very intuitive and ofc totally alien to most of us.

Steep learning curve!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

"Steep learning curve!"

Too right.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2