We Connect ID app loses vehicle registration

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
tkid

Post by tkid »

Strange thing happening today, where on checking what the charge status of the car through the We Connect ID app, I was suddenly greeted by a login prompt.

Tried to log in, got an error. Went to the VW website to log in there, noticed that previously registered car was no longer tied to my account.

Tried to log in via the app again, got through but car is missing. Tried to add the VIN, was given the message successful and saying that in car registration was already complete, but on clicking continue, I'm greeted by the 'Add vehicle' screen.

Tried to add the VIN via the VW website, and I get an 'Oops, something went wrong, please try again later' message.

Wondering if this is related to the v2.3 update and somebody accidentally dropped the registrations database...

tkid

Post by tkid »

Something is definitely happening in the background.

Went again to the WV website, clicked on My Vehicles and presto, it was back.

Then went back to the We Connect ID app and the car is now appearing. What's more interesting is that the car is no longer in the (default) mustard yellow colour, but in the actual colour of my car.
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Anyone else had strange behaviour of the App since the above? On the 'Home' screen it asks if I want to add my vehicle but still shows the charge level and A/C - but no mention of the car. In the 'Car' screen it shows my car and I can adjust all the settings as previously. Don't know whether to delete the car, uninstall the app and start again....
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

All ok here since the software update. I monitored the app whilst charging at the weekend.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

OK on mine with the latest update
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)
VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

Looks like the We Connect ID app is playing up. Not showing range or charge level on the Home screen or any car details on the Car screen., although it does show the correct name and car picture. As it has also just prompted me to install an update I'm assuming it's something gone wrong at the VW end. So I can't even find out what the update was supposed to improve! Login all OK on VW website and car is definitely online.
Any others with a problem?
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

The latest app is version 2.1.1 this seems stable. It has not crashed completely as an older version used to do to me. I am not see the Oops something has gone wrong message so regularly.

The major change seems to be in Settings - Privacy Mobile online services.

Maybe delete the app and reinstall, or less drastic clear the apps cache.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

It won't hurt to delete and then reinstall the app. You've nothing to lose.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

I am running Version 2.1.1 and have tried both of the above suggestions but to no avail. All I get on the Home page is 'Hello (nickname)' and an indication that it has updated 'Just Now'. The rest of the screen is blank. My phone itself hasn't had a software update recently so it's not an incompatibility there. Might have to try and get in touch with VW.
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

You could try putting a very negative review with a 1 star rating for the App describing your issue. This might generate a response from the developers. Worked for me, though it was a fairly vanilla response but at least someone was aware of my issue.