Charging Using WeConnectID App

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
AlB59

Post by AlB59 »

Anyone else encountered this issue? Tried to charge at Ionity stations using the WeConnect ID app. Used the app to locate charging stations that could charge at the WeChargeGo rate of £0.45.kWh (a discount compared to the full Ionity rate of £0.69/kWh). Although I did not have the RFID card at the time, the app showed that charging could be started using either a card or the app. The "How Charging Works" instructions within the app confirmed this method. The app failed to start a charging session and in the end I was able to charge only by using my bank card, at the full Ionity rate. I have been going to and fro with the VW WeCharge Support and Elli teams since then, trying to get VW to step up and reimburse me for being over-charged, so far without success. VW have been keenly promoting their WeConnectID app and WeCharge schemes. My experience has been that they are less keen on resolving issues that are clearly of their own making. Apps providing misleading information to customers? Who would have thought it of VW, especially after "dieselgate"?