Noise from front

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Rak

Post by Rak »

Has anyone else experienced a noise from the front of the car when accelerating from standstill. Its a bizarre sound and almost sounds like the wipers moving, but cant see that the do. It happens on both passenger and drivers side and sometimes also when braking. Its starting to get really irritating ! :roll:

CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

You sure it's not the artificial sound that an electric car has to produce at low speeds for pedestrians, especially sight-impaired ones?
tkid

Post by tkid »

Rak, yes I experience that sound when accelerating from a standstill, but only when I drive off after booting up the car for the first time in the morning. It does sound like a short burst of the wipers moving, and I think it looks like they move further down.

I wonder if it's because I leave the wiper handle on the first notch down (and on the slowest wiping interval), so the auto wiping sensor is just sorting itself out and setting the wipers ready.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

The wipers do move slightly and it is only slightly. I think it's designed that way so that they don't stay in exactly the same place all the time for some reason. I've had this on previous VWs as well.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:27 pm The wipers do move slightly and it is only slightly. I think it's designed that way so that they don't stay in exactly the same place all the time for some reason. I've had this on previous VWs as well.
It’s a ready position if you have them switched to intermittent. If it decides it’s not raining, the rain sensor will tell them to park below the bonnet line out of the air flow, less drag.
ID.4 1st edition