Cannot get rid of reversing camera screen

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

Since the recent software update. I have got very frustrated with the Infotainment system. When I reverse into the drive the standard reversing camera screen shows as expected. But having parked when I try to get the menu screen up, I can't. The system keeps showing me the reversing camera screen. I have tried putting the vehicle into D or B but the infotainment system still shows me the reversing camera and warns me 'Monitor vehicle area and be prepared to brake' about close objects. It still shows this if I creep forwards.

What I cannot do is display the navigation system to plan a new route or look at the vehicle status to see my power consumption when I choose. The ID is controlling the vehicle not me which is not how it should be.

Anyone else seem this?
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)

tkid

Post by tkid »

I think the reversing camera goes off if you drive forwards a certain distance or at a certain speed.
That said, do you not have the X button to the right of the screen to turn off the reversing camera?

20210930_102313c.jpg

I think if you press the [P] button again it might switch it off (not 100% sure on this one).
Otherwise, have you tried the Power button to turn off and on the infotainment system (next to the temperature control on the passenger side)?
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I've found that if you select N and then park, the infotainment screen goes back to where I was before reversing. Also, as tkid says, you can press the X.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2