V3 coming Summer 2022?!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Time to move on from the v2.3 OTA debacle and look forward to the upcoming v3. Posting this now as Herbert Diess dropped a few hints this week as to what to expect. So far...

- V2H (77kw only)
- higher charging rate (DC)
- hearing that the underlying SW architecture has had a refactoring.
- what else?

https://insideevs.com/news/568191/vw-id ... -charging/
https://www.teslarati.com/volkswagen-id ... ease-date/

wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Maybe we will get the ability to change the defaults on some of the assist functions. Would be nice if when I turn off Lane Assist it stays off until I decide I want it back on!
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

wilts_jeff wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:32 pm Maybe we will get the ability to change the defaults on some of the assist functions. Would be nice if when I turn off Lane Assist it stays off until I decide I want it back on!
I've done this on mine by purchasing the basic OBDeleven and using one of the pre set, one click apps. I was continually fed up with having to turn it off every time I went out. Now I can activate it when I want, which will mostly be when motorway driving.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Warrior wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:31 am
wilts_jeff wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:32 pm Maybe we will get the ability to change the defaults on some of the assist functions. Would be nice if when I turn off Lane Assist it stays off until I decide I want it back on!
I am only guessing, but I don't think any update will give the facility to alter such things. I believe it's one of these safety things that manufacturers are obliged to implement. I've deactivated Lane Assist as being permanently on, by purchasing the basic OBDeleven and using one of the pre set, one click apps. I was continually fed up with having to turn it off every time I went out. Now I can activate it when I want, which will mostly be when motorway driving.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

So Kris (?) at Battery life has spent time at VW recently being informed of the upgrade path (from 2.1/2.3 >> garage for 2.4 & new components Q2 >> 3.0 OTA Q3/4).

Three videos to watch:

What to expect/ how to upgrade to 2.4:

What to expect in 3.0:

Parking assist features if your car has the right sensors:
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Warrior wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:31 am
I've done this on mine by purchasing the basic OBDeleven and using one of the pre set, one click apps. I was continually fed up with having to turn it off every time I went out. Now I can activate it when I want, which will mostly be when motorway driving.
Thanks for this, think I will invest.

Cheers!
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2