Time to charge at home

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks to all who have posted. I have been in touch with my wallbox supplier who are contacting wallbox on my behalf. Only other suggestion is to update my wallbox software which I will try when/if it stops raining!

Should say I love the car and as I don't drive a lot and I know I can charge quickly on a long journey I can live with the slow charging but would be good to get it resolved.

I'll let you know if/when I get and answer - unless I am doing something stupid in which case I may keep quiet!

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

It will be interesting to see what the answer is. Also, never be afraid to ask a question, that's what friendly forums are for.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
gflacko

Post by gflacko »

I have had a quick look at the Wallbox manual. There is a setting to adjust the max current. Have a look and see if it set to 32A.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks again to all who replied - I updated my software and increased amps to 32 and charge worked fine. Thank you until the next time - more success with this forum than with contacting dealers so will no doubt be back.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Kelvin1066 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:59 pm Thanks again to all who replied - I updated my software and increased amps to 32 and charge worked fine. Thank you until the next time - more success with this forum than with contacting dealers so will no doubt be back.
Yes, do stay with us, these forums are great places for finding out information from real owners, problems and solutions.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
EmmaTaylor

Post by EmmaTaylor »

Evening, I have read the thread and would welcome your views and help. My zappi is saying ‘charge delayed’ when I try and (sometimes)charge of the solar. Zappi instructions says my car is causing this and reading around I am worryingly reading that be ID4 does not like intermittences of the solar generation (I get that it has to be generating about 1.4kw) . Can I over ride this? Some are suggesting to re-elect reduce AC in the car. Is that right? Desperate here. We got the car, solar and charger installed so we could charge of solars. This is not good if I can not! Please help.
tkid

Post by tkid »

I don't own a Zappi charger myself, but it looks like you're not the only one that's suffering and is affecting ID.3 cars too.

There are a few threads in the sister ID.3 Forums: https://www.id3forums.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=10

From the snippets I've seen:
PhilD13

Post by PhilD13 »

Just replying to the Zappi & ID.4 part of this thread as we've got a Zappi too.

Unlocking and locking the car also works to get passed the Charge Delayed message as well as stopping the charging and starting the charging again into Eco+ mode via the Zappi app.

Looks like there is quite a lot of discussion on the myenergi forum too https://myenergi.info/ (Zappi manufacturer)