~10k vehicle inspection

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
tkid

Post by tkid »

For anyone reaching the ~10k mark, your vehicle will remind you that it is due for inspection on start up of the car.

Our ID.4s are only due a servicing every 2 years so if you've ended up driving a lot and reaching 10k before the scheduled service, you'll get a regular reminder to go get it looked at.

The reminders start popping up around 800 miles remaining to the milestone with an audible 'ding' counting down every 100 miles, and will continue to pop up on start up. You can also see it when you look at the vehicle details showing the warning.

Once it hits the milestone, the message just changes to "Please have your vehicle inspected".

You can get your dealer to 'reset' it for you; it only takes a few min, and didn't need to book a proper service appointment. My dealer set the reminder in 12 months' time which would be when the vehicle is actually due a service.

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I’ve not had this but I did get an email from the dealer saying was due a service (1 year old). I phoned them up and they told me it was an error in the automatic emails and to ignore it. 🙄
tkid wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:08 am For anyone reaching the ~10k mark, your vehicle will remind you that it is due for inspection on start up of the car.

Our ID.4s are only due a servicing every 2 years so if you've ended up driving a lot and reaching 10k before the scheduled service, you'll get a regular reminder to go get it looked at.

The reminders start popping up around 800 miles remaining to the milestone with an audible 'ding' counting down every 100 miles, and will continue to pop up on start up. You can also see it when you look at the vehicle details showing the warning.

Once it hits the milestone, the message just changes to "Please have your vehicle inspected".

You can get your dealer to 'reset' it for you; it only takes a few min, and didn't need to book a proper service appointment. My dealer set the reminder in 12 months' time which would be when the vehicle is actually due a service.
ID.4 1st edition
tkid

Post by tkid »

I did get the email as well, and it just so happened that I was getting those reminders in the car. So when I did call my dealer to ask about servicing they did say I wasn't due the proper service yet, but I could just come around to get those reminders reset.
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Hmm, I am approaching 13k miles since last May and have not had anything on the car telling me about a service....
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
tkid

Post by tkid »

Oh maybe it's based on time rather than distance?
What's odd though in my case is that I'm only approaching my 1 year late April, and the reminders were distance based, popping up every time I started the car saying I have X miles until inspection, counting down every 100 miles as I hit them.
andy

Post by andy »

Service? Had mine since mid September so just 6 months in and 14k on the clock and had no reminders! Can’t be that much to check anyway.
tkid

Post by tkid »

Had a further dig around, and found the following information in our manuals which can be obtained online from the VW website:

2022-03-24_9-21-36.jpg

2022-03-24_9-19-19.jpg

Info about what work would be carried out during inspection:

2022-03-24_9-25-10.jpg

andy

Post by andy »

Thanks for the info.

Note to self ……. Must read the instruction manual once found!

With the lack of all the usual service checks expected around an oil burning lump and the great opportunity that brings for charging extortionate prices for oil, filters etc it looks like they have replaced a lot of these with pointless “checks”. That list resembles an MOT checklist rather than a regular service schedule.

Ah well just drive until the message pings up!