Undemanded roll on first start

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Stephenjcurrie

Post by Stephenjcurrie »

Hi there. Looking to see if anyone has a car with the same intermittent fault. As my dealership is causing me headaches with it all.

In short, car sits on an inclined driveway overnight facing down the hill. On first start ‘R’ is selected, and as soon as the power pedal is used the car rolls forward first before being able to reverse up the incline. Same happens when faced the other way.

Does anyone else’s do this? Have you experienced this before? It’s intermittent in that it doesn’t happen everytime you start on a hill. Or after you get out and in again, but only after left for a long time there?

Anyway…my dealer agreed on a like for like replacement back in September and I’m waiting on that being delivered….in the meantime, the dealer has now said that VW have found the fault with all ID4s and it will be fixed at the next software update in august so won’t be replacing my original vehicle with a new one anymore!…so does anyone have a list of what the software update will contain/fix as they’re trying to get me to take a full refund instead.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated…can’t figure out how to upload a video of it all.

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Regarding the software update, here's a link that may give you the information you're looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=372&p=1643#p1643
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2