Id4 Delivery next week

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gazidfour

Post by Gazidfour »

Hi Everyone,
Just spoken to the dealer and my id4 will be ready for me to collect next week after they update the software to Ver 2.1.
Id4 1st Edition, Glacier White Metalic.

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

That's great news. Is this UK? Look forward to reading your first impressions. You seem to be the first person to get one - it will be exclusive!
Gazidfour

Post by Gazidfour »

Salmonfisher wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:40 pm That's great news. Is this UK? Look forward to reading your first impressions. You seem to be the first person to get one - it will be exclusive!
Yes Near Chichester in the south off England.
Gazidfour

Post by Gazidfour »

Well it's here. Delivered on Friday PM.
I was impressed with the way it was presented and fully sanitised.
After the delivery truck went I was able to have a good look around and my 1st ever drive in an id4.
So it drove extremely well and was fairly responsive.
Only is that it was full of rattles and squeaks from the rear of the car.
Ordinarily I would have sent it straight back to the dealer to sort it out but as the dealer is over 200 miles away this is not an option.
So I spent most of Sunday dismantling the rear hatchback interior plastic trims. Once the trims were removed I was able to start fixing all of the cables and other stuff that were routed behind the trim without and fixings. It took a very long time and finally I was able to put all the plastic trims back together. (No easy task).
Anyway took the car out for a drive on various road surfaces and an glade to say that all rattles and squeaks were gone and the car was perfectly silent.
I have sent a strongly worded email to the dealer to find out why these we not picked up in the Pre Delivery Inspection.
I have added some pictures as the id4 looks great.

20210319_122048.jpg

20210319_122036.jpg

20210319_122031.jpg

20210319_122023.jpg

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Looks really good. can't wait to see one in the flesh. Looking forward to your driving impressions.
Unionjack

Post by Unionjack »

Amazing! congratulations!

Shame you had to go through rectifying those niggles though, glad its all sorted now!

btw do you know the shade % of your tint on your rear windows?

Im getting my tinted once my ID4 arrives next week.

Happy driving :)

Jack
ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure in Manganese Grey