New ID4 Manganese Grey delivered End March after delay installing V2.1

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
MrT

Post by MrT »

Hi everyone, recently took delivery of my new ID4.

Have since added my Nextbase 522 dash cam and a Choetech wireless phone charger.

B85BE0C8-E506-4713-BD1F-4140C7189F94.jpeg

ACBC7927-433D-42B9-8747-C69F2A0F7477.jpeg

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Looks lovely. Now a couple of members have had deliveries any first impressions?
Gazidfour

Post by Gazidfour »

Great colour. I could only get White as it was a stock car but love it now.
Id4 1st Edition, Glacier White Metalic.
MrT

Post by MrT »

First impressions;

The handbook recommends 80% charge for most uses - this equates to approx 200 miles in warm weather without ancillaries running.

Vehicle is well made and the first edition pricing is fair considering its specification compared to the ID4 life.

Some of the current issues / limitations;

On one cold morning the software played up resulting in the infotainment rebooting 3 times before locking me out of the climate screens and 'hello ID' system. All reset after the ignition was turned off and then back on.

The lack of front 12V ancillary plug is an inconvenience. I have had to purchase an extension lead for my 12v tyre inflator to enable me to reach the boot socket.

The 'rear window soft button' can unconsciously be activated whilst trying to keep your eyes on the road and opening the driver side window. May become more intuitive over time.

Passenger mirror automatic dipping whilst in reverse not working. This may not be necessary for all but will certainly help prevent damage to the alloy wheels - dealer visit booked for next week.

Other things have already been noted by other users - Heater sliders not illuminated, no front seat lumbar adjustment.