Regretting the test drive....but not.

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Andy_8

Post by Andy_8 »

Hi

Brief history.
Mitsubishi EVO VIII in my youth ( before the wife, kids and exit from the UK) then..... some crap in between and then a 2017 Renault Megane GT (Estate) that was stolen in 2018 *Really liked that car*
Was looking in to an EV SUV from that point but nothing on the market ticked all the boxes.
Ended up with a 2018 Tiguan Carat Exclusive 4motion that ticked all the boxes but 1 (No va va vroom)
Anyway I was in the dealers for a service a couple of weeks ago and got to see an ID4 1st Edition in the flesh and it was appealing (and didn't look like an ICE car as some of the EV SUV do seem to pretend to be) ...though I felt like it was missing that something extra so I kinda lost interest and was left to saunter around the dealers waiting for my Tiguan to be ready. Then I spotted some other ID4's outside. I noticed one of them looked "different" so went over to have a closer look. It looked a little more sporty on the outside and the inside. Then I noticed it was AWD and had nigh on 300bhp. *Raised eyebrow, interest peaked and boxes ticked !

At this point I made "the mistake" of asking for a test drive........... 8 days later and one was parked outside with 24km on the clock (including the dirve home)

It made my 2018 Tiguan Carat Exclusive (which was a very nice place to be.....or so I thought) look and feel like it was 10+ years older than it was. (Slow, dated, unresponsive and clunky) It was like back in the day when I took the EVO VIII for a test drive. It completely blew me away as it was so far beyond what I'd previously driven I simply had to have one.

So now I feel a bit like when you've got 2 kids and the wife unexpectedly says she's pregnant. Your happy and confused at the same time wondering how the hell did that happen.

So a warning to those who are thinking of a test drive...... like me you might "regret it" but not :D

* Yes the steering wheel is on the wrong side but hey ... can't have it all eh!

20211029_175220.jpg

20211029_174357.jpg

20211029_173417.jpg

20211029_173357.jpg

2021 ID4 GTX (MAX)
Top Sport - Design Plus - Infotainment Plus - Assistance Plus - Sport Plus