Newbie intro

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Steve

Post by Steve »

It's a funny old world we are led to believe and so it's turned out. A month ago I'd just bought a new GLE and had it three days when the wifes car (a polo GTI+) was sold and collected by the the purchaser. We'd delayed hers being collected because we didn't want to be without at least one car.

She's ordered an ID3, which was due to be built on week 49 and so we thought we'd manage. However two hours after her car went, and three days from brand new mine broke down. With 71 miles on the clock. And after six weeks off the road it still wasn't fixed and then came a fall out with the Mercedes Senior Management, when they wanted me to pay an extra £8,200.00 as there had been a price increase and they refused to offer any discount. It would also mean that the loan car they'd supplied would need to be retuned, leaving us car less.

After a phone call to BMW my other half reminded me that of all the cars that we've owned it was only VW that always treated us consistently well and so I called the local dealership, confirmed that they had an ID4 at stage 38 that had been cancelled. When I mentioned that we had a forthcoming uk holiday shortly and it would be very handy if the new one turned up before then, the Sales Manager said if it doesn't you can use my ID4. I've owned many Range Rovers, Audis, BMW's and just one Merc and no one has treated me like that, so well done VW.

So with luck it'll arrive in the next few weeks.

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Welcome. Which model of ID4 are you getting? Whichever one you are getting, I'm sure you'll like it.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for that Warrior, I t’s the Max, in White with the 21inch wheels.