Hello from Twickenham

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Twiglet21

Post by Twiglet21 »

Hi all, I bought a VW ID4 Family in Arctic White at end of October 2021 and so far its been a great transition from my Ford S-Max with little or no issues. I have accepted there's a few bugs in the Infotainment system that I can live with mostly very happy with that, performance is acceptable. Seats are comfortable, I like being able to pre-heat the car on cold days and I like the ACC which I use almost continually on motorways. ACC also has its little quirks which you get to learn about.

But today it has given up the ghost. The car keeps displaying a yellow warning stating "Front Assist not Available" when you put the car into D/ B, the Infotainment system does not start up and the driver display remains blank with a Yellow warning sign on it. The car is driveable but you have no display of the speed you are going. Has anyone else had this sort of message and did it resolve itself or does it need to go into the dealership to be looked at?

Twiglet21

exwayf

Post by exwayf »

It seems to be a common problem on VWs in general. Often the sensors need cleaning. If you search on 'front assist not available vw' you will get a number of articles about this. Hope there is a simple solution for you.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)
Twiglet21

Post by Twiglet21 »

Thanks, have it booked into VW Service Centre tomorrow for them to look at but will have a look at the ACC sensor locations to see if one of them has a bit of dirt or something on it.
Twiglet21

Post by Twiglet21 »

Update after booking into VW Service Centre. Message back from Technical in VW Germany saying the Front Assist not Available error is a known technical issue for which there needs to be a software update. But no date scheduled for it yet. Car will be called in by dealership for that update when available (so certainly not with 3.0).
Helisupp

Post by Helisupp »

Just disconnect 12v battery for 10 minutes and reset everything, same thing the dealer will do anyway. All my faults have gone away after disconnecting the battery. I had front assist not working, steering faulty, electrical motor faulty, online not connecting..................all fixed with battery disconnect.

You are going to go to a dealer anyway so nothing to lose.