New car

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
BANOR1982

Post by BANOR1982 »

Hi
I am a company car driver and have just been sent our car list as my car is due for renewal. Ev car options are… ID4 Style, EQA AMG, Kia EV6 and Hyundai Ionic.

Merc range is too short
Kia is the air spec so not sure about that
Hyundai I like it but not sure on the looks
ID4 is the one I like as it seems the best all rounder however I have a couple of questions..

The option is style spec with 77kw battery but on VW website is says Style only comes with 52kw battery? Anyone know any different?

VW has no grey colours for Style spec, again anyone know if the website is correct?

Thanks

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Go for the bigger battery all day long, especially if you’re doing lots of miles. I’m not familiar with that particular version, I have a 1st edition but very pleased with it. The smaller battery is really a local mileage run about and if doing distances you’ll be frustrated at the amount of times you’ll need to recharge. I hear good things about the Kia EV6 and Hyundai ioniq too (same car different styling). If the Skoda Enyaq is on the list it’s a good option too. Same platform as the ID4 but a bigger boot if you need it.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

It looks as if the Style only comes with a 52kWh battery, but there is a Moonstone Grey paint option on the VW website.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Warrior wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:07 pm It looks as if the Style only comes with a 52kWh battery, but there is a Moonstone Grey paint option on the VW website.
This is the vehicle we selected. As others have said, depends on your regular journey requirements. I mention ‘regular’ because extreme ‘occasional’ needs may not justify the extra initial spend? If you purchase for the longer trips, but only do them occasionally, then your TCO (compared to 52kw) might not be as good. If you accept multiple top ups on trips to Scotland (for example) then you probably save money over your period of ownership.

We get over 200 miles from 100% charge, but because we do only 250 per week, and top up charge at home every two days to 80%, we don’t notice the limit.

The 52kw works well for us, and we bought whilst government grants existed. This was the only ID.4 model which ducked under. We don’t regret our decision, and we would do so again.

Either way, you’ll enjoy any ID we are sure.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
VWJetta86

Post by VWJetta86 »

Awaiting delivery of same, encouraging to read ,TQ!
JerryUStall

Post by JerryUStall »

The ID4 does seem like a solid choice with its all-around features. As for the battery discrepancy, it's possible that the website might not be fully updated, but I'd recommend reaching out to a local dealership for the most accurate info. Regarding the colors, it's a bummer if there are limited options for the Style spec. Maybe VW can surprise you with some additional choices down the line? Have you considered cross country vehicle transport for getting your new car? It could be a convenient option if you're worried about the logistics.
Last edited by JerryUStall on Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ejnar

Post by ejnar »

BANOR1982 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 pm
VW has no grey colours for Style spec, again anyone know if the website is correct?
Strange. When I ordered my ID.4 Family Edition 2 years ago, non-metallic grey was the default colour - meaning I would have to pay 5000 DKK (around 580 GBP) or more to get another colour.

/Ejnar
ID.4 Pro Performance, Family edition received October 2021. Finally on SW version 3.2 since 1-Dec-2023.
Denmark