UK Specs disappointing. NO panoramic sunroof!!!

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
PercyMonkSherbourne

Post by PercyMonkSherbourne »

We ordered our ID4 a few weeks ago after geeking out on reviews and videos online showing the European and US 1st Editions. They looked very high spec. I couldn’t wait to get one until....... I found out that we wouldn’t be getting that spec in UK!! I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed that they get panoramic sunroof, heads up display, electric tailgate, false boot floor and wireless phone charging all as standard where it seems the UK version does not. I’m wondering why we have less spec than our European counterparts. Is it a Brexit thing? Seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting for later models hoping they'll at least be a cost option. Or just go for a Tesla. Anyone else find it a hard pill to swallow?

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Exact opposite for me. A panoramic sun roof would mean I wouldn't buy it. Can't stand them and would pay extra not to have it. I hope this means that they have reduced price and the option is there for those who really want one.
PercyMonkSherbourne

Post by PercyMonkSherbourne »

Sure, each to their own. But should be a cost option. Especially if other markets are getting more spec for a similar price. It’s a moot point though as the government subsidy grant being pulled today means it’ll cost an extra £3000 now anyway. Ouch!
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Totally agree that it should be a cost option for those who want it - isn't it?. Plus agree even more about the loss of £3,000 grant. To go from £3k to nothing on what is really a standard sized SUV is ridiculous. Will make me think very hard about whether to go EV even though I want to as a smaller car is not an option. To pay say £3k more than a diesel was reasonable but £6k more may force me down the diesel route.
Smiffydriver

Post by Smiffydriver »

I'm looking at the ID4 and some of those specs were part of the attraction - quite disappointing.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

New specs on the UK configurator and panoramic roof available on Family and Max. Big disappointment for me is that only the Max gets the 12 inch screen! Every review so far has praised the big screen and now they only put it on the 50k top model. This makes the Enyaq a no brainer now for me VW.
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

It's not your usual fully loaded release edition that many manufacturers do. In fact, now that new trims are available in the configurator it undercuts the others. I suspect it was built to a price for YouTube reviewers etc. to get close to the £40k mark before grant.

Interestingly, on a personal lease basis the 1st Ed comes out less per month than ID.3 Business and Pure trims! Suggests better residuals expected on the ID.4, plus I know the lease company did a good deal on a bulk buy from VW.