Id.4 unable to make connection.

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
tkid

Post by tkid »

Based on their press release, I can only assume they use the EE network in the UK.

Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

So took the car in today but because the fault fixed itself they couldn’t find any issues. They did a factory reset just for good measure.

Spoke to the dealer about who is the Mobile operator, all they could tell was that it is Cubic telecom, and not sure who they have partnered with in the UK as they are Ireland based. I do know that i get a full signal on my drive, but my phone on EE has limited connect ability so don’t think it is EE.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh
tkid

Post by tkid »

The only other thing I could find was this article back in 2018: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tec ... -1.3502761
Irish technology company Cubic Telecom has been selected by Volkswagen to supply technology to the firm’s new Touareg SUV in a deal that will ultimately be worth around €80 million over the next five years.

Cubic develops flexible mobility solutions for internet of things, machine-to-machine and mobile device companies. The company’s technology allows car manufacturers in particular to update mapping and engine software with wireless upgrades that reduces visits to dealerships.

Volkswagen have around 155 manufacturing plants around the world, and when they began their connected car programme, they needed 80 mobile operators around the world. Cubic partner with tier one mobile operators in the country the car will be in use, for example EE in the UK or Orange in France.
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Had the same issues again this week, we connect were useless but found the fuse for the communications from the American id.4 forum. Removed it and then after a couple of minutes reinserted the fuse. After a couple of extra minutes the communications all came back. Have the fuse box layout and the fuse allocation if anybody wants them.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Please be careful removing fuses though. I read, again on an American forum, that someone bricked their ID4 after taking a fuse out.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Agree you have to know what you are doing and wont be for everybody, i think the American guy took the fuse out with the yellow tab don’t know why as it has a label and warning signs on. Attached is a picture of the fuse box and the layout, but only do this is you are confident. I used to change my fuses on older cards so have been used to doing it but still checked about 3 times to confirm i identified the right one.

Have got a good picture struggling to upload it.

1628009618072.png

Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Fuse layout and picture of the fuse box.

20211212_110838.jpg

1628009659879-png.4754.png

1628009574608-png.4752.png