Id.4 unable to make connection.

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
tkid

Post by tkid » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 am

Based on their press release, I can only assume they use the EE network in the UK.

Burnsy

Post by Burnsy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:41 pm

So took the car in today but because the fault fixed itself they couldn’t find any issues. They did a factory reset just for good measure.

Spoke to the dealer about who is the Mobile operator, all they could tell was that it is Cubic telecom, and not sure who they have partnered with in the UK as they are Ireland based. I do know that i get a full signal on my drive, but my phone on EE has limited connect ability so don’t think it is EE.

tkid

Post by tkid » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 pm

The only other thing I could find was this article back in 2018: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tec ... -1.3502761
Irish technology company Cubic Telecom has been selected by Volkswagen to supply technology to the firm’s new Touareg SUV in a deal that will ultimately be worth around €80 million over the next five years.

Cubic develops flexible mobility solutions for internet of things, machine-to-machine and mobile device companies. The company’s technology allows car manufacturers in particular to update mapping and engine software with wireless upgrades that reduces visits to dealerships.

Volkswagen have around 155 manufacturing plants around the world, and when they began their connected car programme, they needed 80 mobile operators around the world. Cubic partner with tier one mobile operators in the country the car will be in use, for example EE in the UK or Orange in France.