Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
LB1985

Post by LB1985 »

fridgeman wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:37 pm We got an email on Friday to say ours has finally left the factory for Emden, should have it by the end of April. Ordered early August.
Great news. I'm a little confused about the status of the factories. Does anybody know whether they are then still working on cars nearing completion? My ID4 was also ordered early August and is awaiting semiconductors apparently. I'm hoping that maybe mine isn't that far behind yours, but was (hopefully wrongly) under the impression that nothing is happening at factories full stop.
VW ID4 52kWh Pure Life Moonstone Grey ordered 4 August 2021. Delivered 19 May 2022 :shock:

Photon

Post by Photon »

See, this is why I am starting to get majorly annoyed. People who ordered a month after me are getting deliveries, yet apparently I have at least another 6 months to wait (and thats a non-confirmed build date, so take that with a pinch of salt...)

I am increasingly wondering if I have made a significant mistake with this order.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Photon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm See, this is why I am starting to get majorly annoyed. People who ordered a month after me are getting deliveries, yet apparently I have at least another 6 months to wait (and thats a non-confirmed build date, so take that with a pinch of salt...)

I am increasingly wondering if I have made a significant mistake with this order.
Just a thought, but did you order from VW dealership or from a lease company?

Update: just tracked back through your most recent posts and deduced you are buying from a VW dealership. The only thing I have heard (from our dealer) is that supply of ‘standard’ specs are quicker than those with multiple add on options, but that could be gossip.

Base entry models like ours appear to be coming through with a second now spotted in Bedford. At least we can now start a breading programme locally.
Fingers crossed for you.
🤞
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Photon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm See, this is why I am starting to get majorly annoyed. People who ordered a month after me are getting deliveries, yet apparently I have at least another 6 months to wait (and thats a non-confirmed build date, so take that with a pinch of salt...)

I completely get your frustration, it doesn't seem to make sense, and the total lack of transparency from VW just makes it worse.
My order was long after yours, but, currently I'm looking at 13months from order to build!! And who knows when for actual delivery.
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Justanotherwilliam

Post by Justanotherwilliam »

Dealer rang today, car arrived with them last night and we are picking it up on Monday!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Justanotherwilliam wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:39 pm Dealer rang today, car arrived with them last night and we are picking it up on Monday!
Brilliant news @Justanotherwilliam :D
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Sjc84

Post by Sjc84 »

Enquired today about the status of my car but managed to leave the dealer a bit more confused than when I entered.

My T-ROC was due a service, so figured I would ask about the ID.4 order while I was there. Car was ordered on 18th October last year, and hadn’t been given any information other than when I placed the order that it would be around 6-8 months. We know that’s all changed now, so figured I would ask anyway to see if they have a new estimate.

Salesman I had ordered with was day off, so spoke to one of the Sales Managers and the only answer he could give was that “it was scheduled for build last year”. Asked him if this was correct (considering the original order date), and he said yeah, but he somehow didn’t have any other details. He then said there was a contact centre (don’t know if it’s within the dealer network or VW directly) he could phone and they could provide more information. I was waiting anyway for my service to be finished, so said that was fine and he could just let me know before I left. The T-ROC was finished about 2 hours later, and he still didn’t have any information for me.

Supposedly they will be contacting me later today once they hear back, and if not I’ll be heading straight in again tomorrow morning. I’ve been happy waiting up to this point now as it was still within expected timescale, but with the further delays and zero contact since the point of order, I’ve had enough sitting around without any details.
ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)
Sjc84

Post by Sjc84 »

Bit of an update today. Was phoned by the dealer this morning and spoke to the Salesman I had ordered from. He said that as production has been paused, all cars have been reverted back to Status 00 regardless of the previous stage they were at, even those that were being prepped to leave the factory. He has been assured (and assured me) though that this will update once production hopefully kicks back in at the start of next month, and he’ll phone me back in a couple of weeks time with the latest info.

Couple of other things he told me:

- Orders placed up to the end of Dec shouldn’t be impacted by the wiring harness supply coming from Ukraine. Zwickau apparently has enough existing stock on hold to satisfy those cars
- Price increases are imminent across the board, and there will be around a £2k to £4k increase applied to ID.3 and ID.4 models. Don’t know when it kicks in, but worth checking that the price you have been quoted has been locked in (I would imagine most people are ok for that).
ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)
Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

If orders up to end of Dec weren't impacted as they have enough harnesses then why on earth stop build.

That doesn't make sense.
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Larry_Lamb wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:54 am If orders up to end of Dec weren't impacted as they have enough harnesses then why on earth stop build.

That doesn't make sense.
Nothing to do with Ukraine makes sense.
😱
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red