Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

They seem to be giving October to most people regardless of when they ordered.

Our 2 orders were also pushed back to October.
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!

fridgeman

Post by fridgeman »

VW appear to have lost my car, build was completed and on its way to Emden 18th March, dealer apparently getting nothing out of VW as to its whereabouts.
David Mac

Post by David Mac »

First step forward on May 2021 ID4 Max order since build week 08/11/21- email from the dealer this morning - “in transit from factory” 🤞
x2onym

Post by x2onym »

Buxton1 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:02 am
x2onym wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:52 pm Hi All,

New here so apologies if my question has been covered in these 19 pages. It seems we are all in the same boat when it comes to mis communication and delivery timescale issues with VW.

I had placed an order in late November 2021 with the expected delivery date of next week (I didn't believe it either).

My last update is that there is no update just as i know is the case for many here. my question is regarding the direct contact with VW customer services, i have managed to get an order number from my dealer in Glasgow, and just like some people here have tried i contacted VW UK Customer care, i am told that they are not physically able to check anything or communicate with the factory in any way to be able to get a timescale at all... i recall reading on the forum that some people have had some luck when contacting VW directly so its hard to take anything VW say seriously. Is there a specific number or department that can be reached for this information?

My issue is that this is for my motability vehicle and having known i would have to wait 6-8 months was bareable knowing that the car would eventually come, now that its been 6 months they have no date for me and its very difficult to continue in limbo knowing that i either need to get a short term vehicle or be without my own transportation for an unkown period of time.

On a related note i had ordered Volkswagen ID.4 Life Pure in Manganese Grey with the standard car with standard interior (grey/brown), i know that these options are no longer available but does anyone know if the order has already been placed will i get what i ordered or not? i am really at the point where it wouldn't bother me either way but wanted to know out of curiousity.

if anyone can help in anyway that would be appreciated.

Thanks and i hope people in my situation get their cars soon!

Z
Hey, I hope you hear some good news soon. I’m not sure if you’ve read any of my posts on here but my order was also motability. We ordered 21/11/21 iD4 life in moonstone grey. We was initially given a May delivery ,but when I spoke to the dealership last month I was told it was now down on a October build and delivery hopefully before this Christmas. I’ve not yet made note of our order number, I might ring up VW customer service and get it I’ve seen some of the others on here do.

Thanks for the reply, what confuses me is that i ordered on the 6th November and the dealer are not able to tell me anything, and VW customer services seem to be able to help some when they have an order number but not others. I would take a October build at this rate but even that can not be confirmed.

i will update if i hear anything else but not holding much hope of that right now!
Sainsy

Post by Sainsy »

Mine was ordered 30 Sep 21, was told 6 weeks ago it was built and waiting for semi conductor so wasn't holding out for delivery on the requested date of 9th May, however it arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago an is being delivered to me on Monday. Life Pure Moonstone Grey, basic with no extras.
Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

Sainsy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:04 pm Mine was ordered 30 Sep 21, was told 6 weeks ago it was built and waiting for semi conductor so wasn't holding out for delivery on the requested date of 9th May, however it arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago an is being delivered to me on Monday. Life Pure Moonstone Grey, basic with no extras.
Private order via dealer?
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

We’ve had our entry level ID.4 coming up for two months now. Think we have sorted out the fundamentals, and have even started using adaptive cruise control on regular basis. It has got me thinking though, many of our journeys are only as safe as other road users performance (e.g. driving in towns), so perhaps I should use a dashcam as I did for years with our ICE Honda?

Given the absence of a 12v port, does anybody use, or know of, a dashcam that can be powered by USB in our ID.4?

Thanks
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
D3RX

Post by D3RX »

I have hardwired mine and it's easy, These are pictures and what fuse I use to piggy back that switches off when car is off.

Inkedimage2_LI.jpg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Helisupp

Post by Helisupp »

I just plugged mine into the rear 12v adaptor using a 90 degree plug, works fine. Had to use small extender adaptor and run it under the carpet, took 5 minutes to install..
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

If your budget allows, perhaps consider one of these. I know it ships from the USA, but what a neat and tidy way to fit a dash cam. If I didn't have one already (Dealer installed), I would seriously consider one of these.

https://fitcamx.com/collections/volkswa ... wagen-id-4
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2