Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Hi LB1985, do you have your order number & dealer details to see how it compares with all the others still waiting & i'll add it to the tracker s/s
..i reckon we're all in for a wait but as you ordered in August & been waiting a long time already hopefully it will be on its way in the not too distant future...

(as in my signature below)
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400

LB1985

Post by LB1985 »

MikeS wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:53 am Hi LB1985, do you have your order number & dealer details to see how it compares with all the others still waiting & i'll add it to the tracker s/s
..i reckon we're all in for a wait but as you ordered in August & been waiting a long time already hopefully it will be on its way in the not too distant future...

(as in my signature below)
I'm afraid as I ordered through Tusker, they won't provide a VW order number. Neither will the VW dealer. Or any numerical status update.
VW ID4 52kWh Pure Life Moonstone Grey ordered 4 August 2021. Delivered 19 May 2022 :shock:
id4cardiff

Post by id4cardiff »

Just had an update from dealership on my ID4 order - placed 30/11/21, now has been scheduled for production in week commencing 10/10/22
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

id4cardiff wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:44 am Just had an update from dealership on my ID4 order - placed 30/11/21, now has been scheduled for production in week commencing 10/10/22
that seems to be consistent (or even a little early!) when you look at the other orders, its just a shame VW are providing so little information and being so opaque about the order and production scheduling.

i think they only care about getting more and more orders , and announcing more different models variants, rather than supporting & producing the cars for those already who are already waiting. (id.3's/id4's and now id5/gtx's/cupras/Buzz's etc, there'll probably be an id.6 and id.7 next week all being sold on a fantasy maybe 2023 or even 24 delivery schedule)

(whilst the ukraine situation is out of VW's hands, they chose to have a massive single point of failure in their supply chain outside their home country, and likewise with covid, they chose to cancel their chip orders rather than building stockpiles for later when the market recovered)

i just wish they'd be more open and honest and give updates, even if they are best-guess and subject to change, more information is better than the current silence & arrogance they currently show towards their customer base.
(they should even consider doing like some other manufacturers have done and close the order books while they sort themselves out.)
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Buxton1

Post by Buxton1 »

Hi, just rang up parkway Volkswagen and the iD4 we ordered in November 21 which was down for a May delivery has been moved to an October build. They said it could hopefully delivered by Christmas but they honestly can’t say. They make it sound like not much of a deal when you speak to them ,but it’s pretty much a year from the order date it’s mad when you think.
Motability Customer
Peugeot 5008 is my DD
Build Week commencing 12/09/2022
VW ID.4 Pure Life ordered 21st November 2021
Ohme Home Pro Charger
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Buxton1 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:09 pm Hi, just rang up parkway Volkswagen and the iD4 we ordered in November 21 which was down for a May delivery has been moved to an October build. They said it could hopefully delivered by Christmas but they honestly can’t say. They make it sound like not much of a deal when you speak to them ,but it’s pretty much a year from the order date it’s mad when you think.
did you get chance to ask them about the plug in car grant too (i assume you got that originally) and what might happen if it does end up being 12months+ from order to delivery. there are some mixed messages about that (its automatically suspended after 9 months, and canceled after 12 according to the official guidance notes on it, im hoping we're counted as 'exceptional' circumstances, or VW finance may make it up worse case)

Tjp

Post by Tjp »

Just to give some hope to you all, I have received a call today advising my ID4 (pure) is with the dealer and being delivered next week. The dealer did say that I was ‘one of the lucky ones’.
This was a Sept 2021 order via Lex (co car).
Lex told me only last week the delivery was pushed back to July and might even be late 2022/2023. Seems like that’s a stock response as clearly the car was already built and in transit.
Good luck everyone.
Buxton1

Post by Buxton1 »

MikeS wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:44 am
Buxton1 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:09 pm Hi, just rang up parkway Volkswagen and the iD4 we ordered in November 21 which was down for a May delivery has been moved to an October build. They said it could hopefully delivered by Christmas but they honestly can’t say. They make it sound like not much of a deal when you speak to them ,but it’s pretty much a year from the order date it’s mad when you think.
did you get chance to ask them about the plug in car grant too (i assume you got that originally) and what might happen if it does end up being 12months+ from order to delivery. there are some mixed messages about that (its automatically suspended after 9 months, and canceled after 12 according to the official guidance notes on it, im hoping we're counted as 'exceptional' circumstances, or VW finance may make it up worse case)
We actually ordered ours through motability, i spoke to to them and any grants etc are covered by them and they’ll pay any differences ,our advance payment also stays frozen luckily. Our charger has been installed since the beginning of January and our current vehicles lease was up on the 22nd feb so that’s been extended now.
Motability Customer
Peugeot 5008 is my DD
Build Week commencing 12/09/2022
VW ID.4 Pure Life ordered 21st November 2021
Ohme Home Pro Charger
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Tjp wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:12 am Just to give some hope to you all, I have received a call today advising my ID4 (pure) is with the dealer and being delivered next week. The dealer did say that I was ‘one of the lucky ones’.
Lex told me only last week the delivery was pushed back to July and might even be late 2022/2023. Seems like that’s a stock response as clearly the car was already built and in transit.
Good luck everyone.
wow :D thats great news indeed esp after being told it was delayed. may i ask what spec you ordered.
please keep us updated with any more details and when it arrives too :-)

Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

Tjp wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:12 am Just to give some hope to you all, I have received a call today advising my ID4 (pure) is with the dealer and being delivered next week. The dealer did say that I was ‘one of the lucky ones’.
Good luck everyone.
That's interesting, my wifes Life Pure order via Lex (Company car scheme order) was also delayed to the end of June recently and ordered end of August last year.

As above, be good to know if you had any optional extras or just totally standard.
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!