Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

i got a minor update on my unconfirmed build week it is now wk 44 (ie w/c 31/10/22) , it was previously reported as wk 46 (14/11/22) back in early march.
so a slight move closer than it was (its all subject to change though could still go either way!)
Last edited by MikeS on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400

David Mac

Post by David Mac »

Cheers Mike. Fingers crossed!
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

Mine arrived today, at first glance I’m happy with it - lots of standard kit in comparison to the well specc’d BMW I came.
Interesting to see what real world mileage will be.
Good luck everyone, hope you get that elusive phone call soon.
Sjc84

Post by Sjc84 »

Picked mine up last night as planned, and even though I’ve only driven it a little bit, I’ve been happy so far. Think my wife will have done more mileage in it today than I’ll manage all week!

Interestingly enough, it arrived with the Black/Grey interior, rather than the Brown that I had ordered. Not that I’m fussed much, I quite liked the brown on the demonstrator they had at the dealer, but the darker interior looks good too. I know that the brown option is longer available to order, so I figure there might be an issue if existing orders have had that selected.

Next on my list is getting the windows tinted (wasn’t available as an option from what I seen when ordering the Life, and I’ve been used to it with the past few cars for the kids), and replacing the steel wheels with a set of alloys whilst getting a set of winter tyres for the steel wheels to use later in the year.
ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Sjc84 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:53 pm Picked mine up last night as planned, and even though I’ve only driven it a little bit, I’ve been happy so far. Think my wife will have done more mileage in it today than I’ll manage all week!

Interestingly enough, it arrived with the Black/Grey interior, rather than the Brown that I had ordered. Not that I’m fussed much, I quite liked the brown on the demonstrator they had at the dealer, but the darker interior looks good too. I know that the brown option is longer available to order, so I figure there might be an issue if existing orders have had that selected.

Next on my list is getting the windows tinted (wasn’t available as an option from what I seen when ordering the Life, and I’ve been used to it with the past few cars for the kids), and replacing the steel wheels with a set of alloys whilst getting a set of winter tyres for the steel wheels to use later in the year.
any chance you could post a picture of the interior, I ordered the same black/platinum grey interior but only seen the VW artist impressions of it, not the real thing.

PS I'm not at all envious that you've got yours already lol :lol:
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
LB1985

Post by LB1985 »

After not getting anything much from Tusker or the dealer, I opted to phone VW customer services today who looked up my order number and told me that my car has been released from the factory today. Shortly followed by an email from the dealer saying the car is now complete. Now the next question is how long it will take to get here. Progress at least!
VW ID4 52kWh Pure Life Moonstone Grey ordered 4 August 2021. Delivered 19 May 2022 :shock:
Sjc84

Post by Sjc84 »

MikeS wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:12 am
Sjc84 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:53 pm Picked mine up last night as planned, and even though I’ve only driven it a little bit, I’ve been happy so far. Think my wife will have done more mileage in it today than I’ll manage all week!

any chance you could post a picture of the interior, I ordered the same black/platinum grey interior but only seen the VW artist impressions of it, not the real thing.

PS I'm not at all envious that you've got yours already lol :lol:
First chance I’ve had to take a couple of pictures. Can honestly say it wasn’t my preferred choice of colour when ordering, but can’t find anything wrong with it after seeing it in person.

CB5A25FE-DD1F-41CB-A6B1-76CD1963E9AA.jpeg

72A283B0-F73D-4CB4-A066-2C11DC5A8D27.jpeg

ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Sjc84 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:00 am First chance I’ve had to take a couple of pictures. Can honestly say it wasn’t my preferred choice of colour when ordering, but can’t find anything wrong with it after seeing it in person.
thank you it looks great, im glad i went for that (even though its the only option now!)

x2onym

Post by x2onym »

Hi All,

New here so apologies if my question has been covered in these 19 pages. It seems we are all in the same boat when it comes to mis communication and delivery timescale issues with VW.

I had placed an order in late November 2021 with the expected delivery date of next week (I didn't believe it either).

My last update is that there is no update just as i know is the case for many here. my question is regarding the direct contact with VW customer services, i have managed to get an order number from my dealer in Glasgow, and just like some people here have tried i contacted VW UK Customer care, i am told that they are not physically able to check anything or communicate with the factory in any way to be able to get a timescale at all... i recall reading on the forum that some people have had some luck when contacting VW directly so its hard to take anything VW say seriously. Is there a specific number or department that can be reached for this information?

My issue is that this is for my motability vehicle and having known i would have to wait 6-8 months was bareable knowing that the car would eventually come, now that its been 6 months they have no date for me and its very difficult to continue in limbo knowing that i either need to get a short term vehicle or be without my own transportation for an unkown period of time.

On a related note i had ordered Volkswagen ID.4 Life Pure in Manganese Grey with the standard car with standard interior (grey/brown), i know that these options are no longer available but does anyone know if the order has already been placed will i get what i ordered or not? i am really at the point where it wouldn't bother me either way but wanted to know out of curiousity.

if anyone can help in anyway that would be appreciated.

Thanks and i hope people in my situation get their cars soon!

Z
Buxton1

Post by Buxton1 »

x2onym wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:52 pm Hi All,

New here so apologies if my question has been covered in these 19 pages. It seems we are all in the same boat when it comes to mis communication and delivery timescale issues with VW.

I had placed an order in late November 2021 with the expected delivery date of next week (I didn't believe it either).

My last update is that there is no update just as i know is the case for many here. my question is regarding the direct contact with VW customer services, i have managed to get an order number from my dealer in Glasgow, and just like some people here have tried i contacted VW UK Customer care, i am told that they are not physically able to check anything or communicate with the factory in any way to be able to get a timescale at all... i recall reading on the forum that some people have had some luck when contacting VW directly so its hard to take anything VW say seriously. Is there a specific number or department that can be reached for this information?

My issue is that this is for my motability vehicle and having known i would have to wait 6-8 months was bareable knowing that the car would eventually come, now that its been 6 months they have no date for me and its very difficult to continue in limbo knowing that i either need to get a short term vehicle or be without my own transportation for an unkown period of time.

On a related note i had ordered Volkswagen ID.4 Life Pure in Manganese Grey with the standard car with standard interior (grey/brown), i know that these options are no longer available but does anyone know if the order has already been placed will i get what i ordered or not? i am really at the point where it wouldn't bother me either way but wanted to know out of curiousity.

if anyone can help in anyway that would be appreciated.

Thanks and i hope people in my situation get their cars soon!

Z
Hey, I hope you hear some good news soon. I’m not sure if you’ve read any of my posts on here but my order was also motability. We ordered 21/11/21 iD4 life in moonstone grey. We was initially given a May delivery ,but when I spoke to the dealership last month I was told it was now down on a October build and delivery hopefully before this Christmas. I’ve not yet made note of our order number, I might ring up VW customer service and get it I’ve seen some of the others on here do.
Motability Customer
Peugeot 5008 is my DD
Build Week commencing 12/09/2022
VW ID.4 Pure Life ordered 21st November 2021
Ohme Home Pro Charger