Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
id4cardiff

Post by id4cardiff »

Ordered an id4 late Nov (life 52kw), when delivery was suggested to be June/July. Just spoken with dealership (who I've had to chase to get back to me), indicated its now been scheduled for production, but delivery likely to now be Sept. Hope my old Golf will last til then!

Buxton1

Post by Buxton1 »

Ordered iD4 life mid November, saying estimated delivery may on the paperwork. Rang dealership up in the week and they told me they can’t really give me an update just to stick to the may/June time. I’ve seen on car wow that the wait times for id3 and iD4 have been updated from 7 months to 12 months so we shall see.
Motability Customer
Peugeot 5008 is my DD
Build Week commencing 12/09/2022
VW ID.4 Pure Life ordered 21st November 2021
Ohme Home Pro Charger
Matus

Post by Matus »

I ordered my id4 on the 5 July
Build on 16th December
On way from factory on 28 January
Hopefully will get it in middle of February

My id4 arrived today 18/02/2022
Ready me to collect on Monday 21/02/2022
🥳
Last edited by Matus on Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

my order was placed on 21/10/21 and the dealer estimated delivery for July 22. (No updates since then)
I contacted the dealer today (2/2/22) for an update as its now more than 3months since placing the order, and, still nothing not even a provisional buiĺd date (they said they are still waiting on vw for any information)

(id.4 life 52kwh, moonstone grey, black interior ordered 21/10/21)
Last edited by MikeS on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Fester2020

Post by Fester2020 »

I ordered my id4 life 52kwh, with black roof and interior on the 6th of August, 2021. Was initially told late Oct to mid Nov. That came and went, with dealer calling a couple of times with no update. Got a call in the first week of this year, and they had a delivery note which had my order on it, and that it would be february for delivery. A couple of days ago i recieved a text from the dealer saying my car now has a confirmed build week, although still waiting for the details! Reckon id be happy for it to be delayed till March now as that would mean 22 plate.
Ramblercoast

Post by Ramblercoast »

I ordered my 52kwh Life ID4 on 08/0921 and had build week 50 confirmed soon after.Told delivery end Jan beginning of Feb.
According to my dealer it’s still stuck on week 50 so not yet been built.
May see around Easter maybe 😳
John44

Post by John44 »

I ordered my ID4 MAX end of June told delivery October then by Christmas then end of January now the car has been built but is sitting there waiting for semi conductors. Delivery no one knows and if they do they wont tell me!! Why VW are you building and launching the ID5 when you can’t even fulfil existing orders???
Ramblercoast

Post by Ramblercoast »

Looks like I won’t be seeing mine anytime soon then ☹️
Photon

Post by Photon »

There isn't a whole heap of logic to it. I would suspect that models such as the MAX (and by extension the two 4WD models) are going to be worse affected due to the extra components requiring fitting, all of which may have availability issues.

Even above and beyond that, some dealers seem to have had much more luck than others. Dates really don't tally.

But this isn't a VW problem, far from it - seeing reports of lots of cars just being shipped out without parts (Tesla with their usb ports, BMW with downgraded head units and missing automatic tailgate, so on and so forth) which I would really rather didn't happen here. If you pay for a certain model, then you kind of expect that model, not to mention the fun trying to sell one of these 'special' cars.

VW are pushing on with their release plans, which may or may not be misguided. I don't think VW are in a good place right now to be quite honest. The shortages are affecting ICE cars just as much, if not more, thus VW's turnover can not be good right now. They have had to shut down production lines twice now due to various issues, which is nothing any manufacturer wants to do.

Yes, Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers seem "less" affected, but there are a tonne of reasons that could be the case, quite reasonably. Tesla uses newer off the shelf chips, thus doesn't require special factory runs to get them, and this makes life easier, but obviously not when it comes to USB ports.

There is also now the added hilarity of getting a car into this country with all the problems at the border, and then getting a driver to drive the car transporter when in the UK. At least this shouldn't be months worth of delays, but the odds do rather seem stacked against us. Those in the know now do not believe the supply chain will return to normal within 2022, and beyond that is anyone's guess. Brexit issues will obviously get worse as we apply further checks over this year.

Its annoying as I am now having to MOT and potentially service the car I sold 6 months ago (not to mention re-financing), but I really doubt there is much can be done about this. Will report back end of this month, which is my new tentative build date, but I would really doubt it will be with good news. I do kinda wish that VW had been a little more honest prior to sale, as they lied through their teeth on this one, but I have to admit the scale of things here is somewhat unprecidented.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

i had another no news update from my dealer today (ie still no build date at all) but also saying that

'there are 15000 vehicles that require a ‘slight production change’ -this change has to be done manually, so this is the cause of the delay'

:(
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400