All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Dowson86

Post by Dowson86 »

Now then, I am due to collect my life pure next Wednesday and just have a few questions (sorry if they have been covered already)

What is the differences between the life pure and pure performance (as in what gives the performance the extra power)

Also what accounts/apps are the best to use for finding chargers and paying etc.
Life Pure 52kw ID4 (glacier white)

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Taken from the VW website.
Pure
148PS, 213 mile range (combined WLTP*) and 16.8kWh/62 miles.

Pure Performance
170PS, 213 mile range (combined WLTP*) and 16.8kWh/62 miles

I would imagine it's the way the electric motor is set up. Just as with an ICE car, you can get a different PS with an identical engine size.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

I use Zap-Map to check out locations and have asked My ID where are nearby chargers. I also signed up to the free version of Ionity which comes with the We Connect ID app, though it is one of the more expensive ones. If the charger accepts credit cards then it is fine. But if it is one that needs a specific app then its worth downloading in advance, however some then want you to buy credits. Signing up to some apps gets a cheaper rate than just using a credit card.

The best advice someone else gave was to begin with try out charging when you have time to spare and not leave it to when you need to charge. It is a good time to have a coffee and read the paper!

It all depends on your needs. We still use a trickle charger at home which our dealer threw in for free, we looked at a home charger from Octopus for use with Solar panels but the cost mounted up. All we do is ensure we charge when the sun is out, but otherwise run it overnight. We get about 8-9 miles per hour of charging on the trickle, but use the reduced rate this when trying to use solar, it drops to 6-7 miles per hour then.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Sorry I meant to add to my post re charging, but exwayf has summed it up nicely.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Dowson86

Post by Dowson86 »

Cheers for the advice, looking forward to collecting it. Is there any thing that you’ve discovered while owning one
Life Pure 52kw ID4 (glacier white)