Lane assist

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Boyd

Post by Boyd »

I am getting a not available message and yellow triangle. I’ve cleaned all the areas I think cameras / sensors are but can’t clear the message. Any tips? Should I reset to factory settings?

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Probably a software update. Check in settings but don’t agree to it until you can leave the car a long time to do it’s thing.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Has anyone else noticed a marked improvement in the Lane assist feature since software 2.4 update? None of the ‘snatch’ feeling when it thinks you’re too close to the lines. I can certainly put up with it now.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Haven't tried it since my update as mine is turned off via OBDeleven and I only have it on when using motorways, duel carriageways and the like. However, when I'm next out I'll give it a try.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:23 am Haven't tried it since my update as mine is turned off via OBDeleven and I only have it on when using motorways, duel carriageways and the like. However, when I'm next out I'll give it a try.
I’ve persisted with it and tolerated it but still found it annoying. Since last Friday’s update I noticed a difference. Someone I know on Twitter has a GTX and mentioned it and we agreed. It’s subtle but an improvement nevertheless.
ID.4 1st edition
NickF22

Post by NickF22 »

I feel like I am missing something with Lane Assist / Travel Assist / Auto Lane change / "swarm data"...
I have software 3.0, and I have Travel Assist and Lane Assist, so I should be able to enable Auto Lane change, right? But pressing "Set" on a multilane motorway just resets the ACC speed to my current speed.
The in-car manual says "Open the Assist systems menu, select Travel Assist, activate auto Lane changing as a subfunction". I can't even find the Assist systems menu?! If it is the Assist button to the right of the hazard warning button, that doesn't even have Travel Assist in it?
I only have the Pure Life 55kWh, so do I not even have the option?
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

NickF22 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:33 am I feel like I am missing something with Lane Assist / Travel Assist / Auto Lane change / "swarm data"...
I have software 3.0, and I have Travel Assist and Lane Assist, so I should be able to enable Auto Lane change, right? But pressing "Set" on a multilane motorway just resets the ACC speed to my current speed.
The in-car manual says "Open the Assist systems menu, select Travel Assist, activate auto Lane changing as a subfunction". I can't even find the Assist systems menu?! If it is the Assist button to the right of the hazard warning button, that doesn't even have Travel Assist in it?
I only have the Pure Life 55kWh, so do I not even have the option?
I’ll stand corrected but I don’t think the pure life has the side sensors required for that level of assistance. I’m not even sure I have in my 1st edition. I’ll know when I get the v3.0 update. I do have something on the side because I get warnings occasionally when I’m parking too near the kerb.
ID.4 1st edition
NickF22

Post by NickF22 »

Thanks Andy, I thought that might be the case because I've seen posts about US models not having side sensors, and I don't have parking sensors on the side, and I don't have Park Assist Plus.

Its a shame because the manual says Auto Lane Change uses the same technology as Lane Assist and Travel Assist... but I guess it needs the ultrasound as well as rear radar...