Government ev grant

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Big John

Post by Big John »

Just seen that the ev grant for new vehicles has been. reduced from £2500 to £1500for vehicles with a selling price below £32000 with immediate effect.
Concerned what happens to all those orders in the pipeline for the ID4. In particular I have signed a leasing agreement in mid November for an ID4 with no confirmed build date.
Are any of you guys in the same situation.

ht-vw

Post by ht-vw »

I was just wondering the same thing - I’m waiting for an ID4 which has just been confirmed for build week 8. According to the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles on Twitter - provided the ordering dealer has done the right thing, your grant should be honoured:
ID4 Life Pure - Moonstone Grey w/Assistance Pack Plus (on order - build scheduled for week 8)
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Do you get gov grants on leased cars?
Think you get a VW contribution instead.
The grant is for uk owners I thought.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
ht-vw

Post by ht-vw »

Mine has been ordered through PCP financing - not sure how it works on a lease.
ID4 Life Pure - Moonstone Grey w/Assistance Pack Plus (on order - build scheduled for week 8)
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

It’s easy to check, the paperwork , including the lease pcp/calculation page, will include “VW contribution “ or “Grant contribution “.
The grant is a UK gov contribution for vehicles owned by Uk residents.
The reason I paid cash is because our local dealership could not match the Gov Grant under pcp/private lease.
I suspect VW will honour whichever route you take otherwise it will affect their uk order book.
👍
Big John

Post by Big John »

I assume that someone will have to pick up the tab for the £1000 drop. The question is who? VW, Customer, Dealer or Leasing Co. The drop to £32000 qualification is also a double "whammy" to the uk market.
ht-vw

Post by ht-vw »

In my case - our VW dealership said that I will still get the grant, because they entered it through the government system at the time I placed the order. Hope this applies to anyone else in this situation too.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Pleased to report that I also have had a confirmation today from my dealer that my order has been confirmed by VW as it was placed last month, just waiting for the build slot. As an aside just seen that Vauxhall have reduced the retail price of their Mokka and Corsa evs to bring them back into the grant scheme.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Clearly prodded the tiger with my earlier post, just had a call from my local dealership confirming my grant is secure and that my latest delivery eta is end of January. We placed order on August 2nd. Not much I can do regarding eta, but at least without a car over Christmas I can enjoy a tipple (just one of course).