Bye bye iD4

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Richpa

Post by Richpa »

I've only had my iD4 for a couple of months and my experience was tarnished just a little, by the recurrent failure of the digital system to connect on-line. It seems to work now 50% of the time - working properly for 5 days or so and then failing for the next. VW customer services were no help at all, worse than useless and there seems to be a heads in the sand response from VW around their software glitches. Otherwise, the car worked as advertised on the tin. I had a couple of forward collision sensor failure warnings but I think that these may have been due to a good coating of Cornish dirt. The car feels very well made and I have never had any issue getting juice from a charger at home or out and about. I was impressed with the range on the three longer journeys that I made with potentially 250 miles driving sensibly on dual carriageways on cold days with rain and enough heating to maintain a comfy cabin. I'm sure that 290 miles would be achievable in the summer. The purchase was a bit impulsive as it was - available immediately - by chance. I have traded it in - with a minimal financial hit I may add, for a second hand Jaguar iPace, which was the BEV that I really wanted all along. I am well aware of the potential shortcomings of the Jaguar but I have been a long term fanboy of JLR cars and the iPace just suits me more. I wish you all joyful miles of driving with your iD4s and there will be a Blue Pro with 1500 miles on the clock for sale in the Cornwall area from one of the dealers some time after tomorrow! :D

tkid

Post by tkid »

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. When I was driving in Cornwall, there were definitely patches in the region where mobile phone reception was non existent (esp. down the B3306), and could see the car showing no signal bars. Best of luck with the iPace!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sorry to hear you’ve left but the jag is a nice choice and a whole heap quicker. Just wondering if you tried the we connect Id help line? I ask because I did and they obviously did something remotely and it’s not put a foot wrong since.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Sorry to see you go, but best of luck with the iPace. As you say, it's the car that you wanted all along.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2