Frustrating

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I got rear ended before Christmas, approved repairer got me booked in 14/02/22 😳. Phoned me 15/02 to say they need to order a new bumper part 7-10 days. They offered to put it back together as car was drivable but I said keep it till it’s done to save rental car hassle. Two weeks later, still no part (like a lot of people parts are in short supply) I said put it back together and give it back and call when the part comes in. They dropped it off, having driven it 20 miles and they hadn’t noticed this. I didn’t either until after they’d gone.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/09cEJVz ... Bromsgrove
It’s the weekend, nobody available to help, called the AA very helpful man tried to help but he says repairer seems to have missed connecting something. Beats me how a rear bumper sensor has an effect on so much other front stuff. They’re getting some s**t on Monday. Add to that, it’s still not repaired. 🤬😡🤬😡

Edit note: video only available till 29/03/22.
ID.4 1st edition

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Finally!
Repairer put OBDII on the car and discovered the faults hadn’t been cleared after reconnecting the rear sensors. #Numpty.
Also shows that the AA tech doesn’t know what he’s talking about either
ID.4 1st edition
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

That is annoying. Is it a vw approved repair shop or your insurers shop?
I had a repair many years ago for my passat, a door got dented in a minor accident, but the when the insurance co took it for repair they rolled it off their trailer hitting another car in the process damaging the rear bumper!!!, they repaired the door and bumper, but never refitted the rear bumper correctly despite me taking it back to them few times for them to re-refit it.

In the end I was so frustrated with them I did it myself, it was very hard and fiddly and took hours , with so many clips required to be pushed in correctly in the right sequence but I managed to get it back on correctly, unlike the supposed repairers.

(I'm not suggesting you should try to do the same, but I do understand how annoying it must be for you)
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get ÂŁ50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Insurers approved repairer. The irony is I asked for them as they’d done such good job last time (trailer full of straw behind a tractor. Missed his turn, I stopped then he reversed into me, after I’d tried desperately to reverse away until I could go nowhere). It seems I’m an idiot magnet.
Still waiting for the parts which should arrive this week but I’m going away so it won’t be completed till I get back, almost 3 months after the bump. They’re blaming the supply chain as it’s “such a new model, they’re diverting parts from production” and if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
Moral: don’t let people bump into you 🤣.
You’d think a large distinctive white car would stand out wouldn’t you?

0C8BBC28-4739-4159-AE23-13E6FF3A8BA2.jpeg

ID.4 1st edition