What charger for home use

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Marcharry

Post by Marcharry »

Good Evening
Could anyone help with recommendations on chargers? Podpoint, Project EV,? Just been looking at a Ohme Portable?
Any advice before I buy?
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps Moonstone

Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Happy with my wallbox recommended by my local installer but can't say how it compares to others and I don't use timed functions. Had it a few months and no problems except when I inadvertently set it at reduced amps and it took ages to charge - now seems to charge as expected. Also bought 3 pin charger and find that useful when I go away but I have kind relatives who let me charge when I visit. Didn't buy the VW one as had a different car at the time.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

We successfully use podpoint as recommended by our local dealer. Think grants have stopped. Install was very quick. Survey conducted via photos and questionnaire.

Note: think hard about the where in relation to likely parking position given VW 6m cable, and the direction the car will be facing, and the location of the car end socket.

We got ours right by accident.
🤞
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I have an EO Mini Pro2 which is ideal if you want something small and unobtrusive. I was lucky in finding a local installer, who made a great job of it. It also comes with a reasonable app.

IMG_2494.JPG

ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Marcharry

Post by Marcharry »

Thanks guys. Does anyone use Ohme commander plug? It charges 7kwh and can be used portable if using a 32amp commander socket, i’m thinking about having one installed at work and one installed at home then using the charger for both. Works out cheaper that 2 chargers
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

At least OHME have added VW.id APIs meaning that it can check the car charge level and let you set a new target level by a certain time using less expensive rates ( such as economy7).

The latest SW update caused problems though the required a hard reset. Still can't easily switch between two cars on same wall-fixed charger, otherwise good.
Marcharry

Post by Marcharry »

CoxJul wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:16 pm At least OHME have added VW.id APIs meaning that it can check the car charge level and let you set a new target level by a certain time using less expensive rates ( such as economy7).

The latest SW update caused problems though the required a hard reset. Still can't easily switch between two cars on same wall-fixed charger, otherwise good.

Thank you, I’ve had a commando stocker installed at work, I’ll be having one installed at home next week. I didn’t go for the Ohme in the end as my home energy are a fixed rate. I bought a 7kwh for half the price from Amazon. It doesn’t work via any apps, its just a simple plug & charge solution. It worked out the cheapest option. Also I can charge at home & work at 7kwh. 👍🏻
Steve

Post by Steve »

I had the pod point on a previous home and now have the Ohme, which works well with Octopus and the VW app