Price increases

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Post Reply
Sjc84
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Sjc84 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:23 am

Don’t know if this has been picked up on already, but I can see that prices for each trim level of ID.4 have now increased. All of them are the starting price with the lowest trim level available on each, and the previous prices have been taken from the ID.4 brochure published in August last year:

A706DD87-5123-4A6D-8E4E-50A56E0B16C8.jpeg

ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)

Marcharry
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:52 pm

Post by Marcharry » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:07 pm

That’s quite a rise in price considering any government contributions have also stopped.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps Moonstone

Larry_Lamb
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by Larry_Lamb » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:42 pm

Well for a laugh requoted with Lex for the cars I've ordered, the GTX has gone up 40 quid a month and the Life Pure has gone up 96 quid a month!
ID4 Life 52kw ordered Aug '21

Marcharry
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:52 pm

Post by Marcharry » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:44 am

Larry_Lamb wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:42 pm
Well for a laugh requoted with Lex for the cars I've ordered, the GTX has gone up 40 quid a month and the Life Pure has gone up 96 quid a month!
Will you have to pay the extra or will the garage honour the price when you ordered?
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps Moonstone

Larry_Lamb
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by Larry_Lamb » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:36 am

Marcharry wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:44 am
Larry_Lamb wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:42 pm
Well for a laugh requoted with Lex for the cars I've ordered, the GTX has gone up 40 quid a month and the Life Pure has gone up 96 quid a month!
Will you have to pay the extra or will the garage honour the price when you ordered?
The price is locked in, so no worries for me. Just interesting how much prices have gone up.
ID4 Life 52kw ordered Aug '21

Sjc84
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Sjc84 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:26 pm

Larry_Lamb wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:36 am
Marcharry wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:44 am
Larry_Lamb wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:42 pm
Well for a laugh requoted with Lex for the cars I've ordered, the GTX has gone up 40 quid a month and the Life Pure has gone up 96 quid a month!
Will you have to pay the extra or will the garage honour the price when you ordered?
The price is locked in, so no worries for me. Just interesting how much prices have gone up.
Yeah I’m fortunately the same, was stated at the time I ordered and confirmed again last week that the price is locked in for me.

Was glad initially with the HMRC grant ending in December but even more so now. The current MSRP is £5,805 more than what I am paying, so the finance would easily be an extra £100 a month.
ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)

Steve
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Can't help but think VW are pricing themselves out of the market with the ID4. My Max is a good car but when it was the thick end of £53K with a few extras it was all of the money. At £57K ( with 2.5k worth of extras) its more than the Tesla Y and would need a lot of thinking about to buy again. That said, when I bought the car in Dec 21 the basic list price was 50710 not the lesser figure above.

Post Reply