Replacement tyres

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Folks
I’m new to the forum and this is my first post
Can anyone suggest where to get reasonably priced tyres for my id4 first edition, sizes are :
Front : 235 50 R20 100T
Rears: 255 45 R20 101T
Many thanks 🙏🏼

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

It might be helpful to others if you give a location.
ID.4 1st edition
VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

I've used Blackcircles and ASDA in the past. Order online and they are fitted at a local garage.
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.
Deltadave

Post by Deltadave »

On the subject, how many miles is everyone getting on a set?
Pro 77kwh 3.2 software
Vander

Post by Vander »

Deltadave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:43 am On the subject, how many miles is everyone getting on a set?
There's some discussion over on the ID3 forum and elsewhere about this. It puts me in mind of the "starter" (for which read "tight-fisted") ink cartridges supplied with most printers, which you need to replace far too quickly.

The Bridgestones supplied on some ID3s seem the worst, starting off at less than 6mm depth when new (most other tyres are 8-9mm). If you're one of those who likes to change at 3mm, the Bridgestones look especially poor value.

To those lucky, lucky people who have received your ID4s - what tyre brands did yours come with, and how much tread at new?
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Mine came with Bridgestones and although I didn't check the tyre depth when I got my ID4, I did think that the tread was not as deep as I've seen on previous new cars. I don't do a lot of mileage and have only got just over 3000 on the clock in 13 months, so I've just been out to check mine and I have 5mm all round. I've also read somewhere that less tread means lower rolling resistance, thus making any car more fuel efficient.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
David Mac

Post by David Mac »

Our ID4 came with Pirelli Scorpion Elect. Not sure if that’s good or bad
RLSPW5453

Post by RLSPW5453 »

Mine also came with Pirelli Scorpion Elect in Jan 22 & had 6mm tread & a bonus pin prick in the sidewall of the near side front which took a few days to drop pressure. Dealer initially wanted £200 to replace it, even saying this was cost price. After some discussion they agreed to cover the cost, it took 5 days to get from the Pirelli factory & then they replaced it without tyre soap, it went down in 2 days so had to remove & refit correctly, it’s been ok since then. Obviously the tyre seal band built within the tyres only works on the treaded area of the tyre.
2021 Id4 Life Pro Performance 77Kwh manganese. Worcestershire UK.