Software Updates

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Vpatz232

Post by Vpatz232 »

Good evening!

Apologies if there is already an open thread on this - the search wasn’t returning anything when I tried.

Interested in learning if anybody has been contacted about the 2.4 software update (inc 12V battery change). Also curious what version software the latest deliveries are receiving.

I appreciate many are still awaiting their vehicles, and I have my fingers crossed that your wait isn’t much longer!
2022 VW ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure 148PS
Scale Silver
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/wise-shell-392

wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Hi - I spoke to my local dealer about the 2.4 upgrade and they have been doing them but they have not been doing any battery change. They said that this depended on the VIN number and had not heard that the battery change was for every car. First I have heard that the battery change may not be done on all cars....
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
tkid

Post by tkid »

Sounds like your dealer at least knows about the 2.4 upgrade. Spoke to mine beginning of May and the person I spoke to (Servicing) looked up my reg and said there was no 'outstanding recall action' on it, but they would get in touch with me if it did.
Vpatz232

Post by Vpatz232 »

Interesting. I’ll give my local (Aylesbury) or the dealership I bought the car from (Derby) a call. I’m more looking forward to the additional information displayed on the screen (battery percentage etc). I’ll keep you posted.
2022 VW ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure 148PS
Scale Silver
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/wise-shell-392
camsoft

Post by camsoft »

I took receipt of an ID.4 about a month ago, and it came with 3.0.0, by the sounds of it I'm one of the first to have 3.0.0, I had assumed it was already widely available.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

It will be interesting to see what actually takes place for those of us on v2.3.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Helisupp

Post by Helisupp »

Interesting. I’ll give my local (Aylesbury) or the dealership I bought the car from (Derby) a call. I’m more looking forward to the additional information displayed on the screen (battery percentage etc). I’ll keep you posted.

I am also on old software, but I drive with range shown on speedo screen and percentage remaining on main screen. 2021 model
Sainsy

Post by Sainsy »

Had mine on 9th May (dealer had it for 2 weeks before I had it) and it has 2.3
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Just spoken to my dealer regarding V2.4 and they say that it will be a dealer install and that owners will be contacted to come in to have it done, but couldn't say when. I also asked about the 12v battery replacement that people have been discussing and was informed that there was nothing listed for my ID4 at the moment, but that could change, depending on information received from VW.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Johnb

Post by Johnb »

Hi took delivery of my GTX ID4 in April, software installed 2.3, i was aware that VW had previously advise that all newly delivered ID4 would be installed with v3 of the software. Contacted VW cust service, they advised v3 would not be released until all existing ID cars in the UK had been updated with 2.1 etc so they could download OTA. They estimated qtr 3-4 for release, which conflicts with the spring launch rolled out by the motoring media.