V2.4 Dealer/Service point upgrades starting July 2022

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
tkid

Post by tkid »

Update: My dealership managed to sort whatever issues they had been having (I was told they needed an "unlock code to the control unit") late Thursday and I'm now I'm in possession of my car.

Glad that it hasn't been bricked and so far it's working ok and I can confirm that the software number now shows '0912' having been '0910' before.

Unfortunately I didn't get to speak to the original person I had been dealing with to get any further details so I don't know exactly what issues they had been having. The person I did speak to say that they had been having a number of issues with the other ID cars that have been coming in for their upgrade.

As an aside, the replacement I was given was an ID.3. Overall the ID.4 has a better driving experience. The ID.3 didn't have as much sound insulation so you could hear the artificial electric motor noise from the inside and motorway noise was a lot louder. I'm not sure what trim I drove, but it felt a little plasticky inside and not as comfortable. Drive was as responsive and it had glass roof (which the FE doesn't have) which was nice, but the novelty wore off when it was super sunny.

gflacko

Post by gflacko »

Hi @tkid, that is good news. I have just had a phone call from the local dealership as they promised. Seemed to think the issue has been resolved and have just completed 2 successful updates. They did not give any further details but I have now booked my car in for next Wednesday. Will let the forum know how it goes.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
finzi4ever

Post by finzi4ever »

Just been told by my Oxford vw garage they're cancelling all bookings for upgrade to 2.4 as they can't make it work. Whom should they contact that has the magic code solution please?
tkid

Post by tkid »

@finzi4ever my dealership told me that they were in touch with VW Technical Support to get the "unlock code".

I wonder if something was overlooked in the published process sent out by VW that the technicians have to go through step by step when performing the upgrade.
Milk float driver

Post by Milk float driver »

Evening. My vehicle had the 2.4 update and battery replacement last week, it took a bit longer than expected as there where some issues on loading the software, but it was collected the next day. The dealer also did an other ID4 in parallel whilst doing mine with no issues.
After the update the vehicle wouldn't store locations for charging, they went in, but when you came back to the vehicle they had disappeared. Car was booked into the dealer for investigation later this week. However, woke up Saturday morning and there's OTA update waiting to be installed. Installed it and back to normal.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Following on from my post on 12th July, I rang my dealer yesterday and my ID4 is booked in for battery replacement and software upgrade on 11th August. I have been advised that it may take 2 days. Will update as and when.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Worth asking…

E52855EF-F9BF-475F-903B-C19B58308716.jpeg

ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

All booked in 19th August.
AndyF wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:43 am Worth asking…
E52855EF-F9BF-475F-903B-C19B58308716.jpeg
ID.4 1st edition
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

So, got my email without chasing in early July. Booked it in start of August. Requested comp car and delivered both keys just in case. They allocated two days. Picked it up today after 1.5 days. No dramas or issues. Note the software version within the system display takes a further 24 hours to correct to display 2.4.

Battery was done before the software apparently.

Within minutes of parking at home, two small updates began, one of which was updated owners manual. No idea yet what has changed.

Local dealer cleaned car and handled event well. Proactive phone calls backed up with emails.

Let’s hope it starts tomorrow 😬
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
robal_k

Post by robal_k »

Bedford EV wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:17 pm Let’s hope it starts tomorrow 😬
Got bad news for you :/
My 2.4 update / battery replacement was done on 19th of July.
I've also received two small OTAs right after it like you did.

I'm still waiting for 3.0 OTA. It's more than 2 weeks now.

Mind you, VW website about 3.0 updated does say that (in FAQ section here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-3-0.html):
After this service campaign “12 volt battery exchange with the ID. software 2.4 update” is completed for your ID. at the service retailer, it may take a few weeks until your ID. receives the update, as we are rolling out the ID. software 3.0 step-by-step.
and
It takes at least seven days for your VIN to be included in the ID. software 3.0 update campaign.