Adaptive Cruise Control

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Has anyone had any automatic adjustment of ACC settings. On my recent trip to Norfolk, I travelled along the the A11 and A14, which are excellent "A" roads. As there are variations in 2 and 3 lane sections and speed limits, I discovered that my ACC setting, suddenly adjusted itself even though I had set it to 65mph. Now changing down due to a speed restriction is fine, but mine shot up to 70mph when the relevant road signs were detected. I was continually making manual adjustments. On a recent trip to Scotland, mostly on the M6, I set ACC to 65mph and it didn't fluctuate at all.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

It’s predictive CC and based on a general database, if you go from one speed zone to another it will readjust to defaults. However, there’s a 30 zone near me and the car thinks it’s a 60. This is a glitch that hasn’t been addressed by VW. Autonomous driving is a long way off if this is anything to go by.
ID.4 1st edition
ID4layed

Post by ID4layed »

AndyF wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:30 pm It’s predictive CC and based on a general database, if you go from one speed zone to another it will readjust to defaults. However, there’s a 30 zone near me and the car thinks it’s a 60. This is a glitch that hasn’t been addressed by VW. Autonomous driving is a long way off if this is anything to go by.

Newbie question; are you able to reset the speed of the ACC to what you want, after the car changed to the incorrect speed? Or does it constantly try to set the speed to what it thinks it should be? i.e. are you constantly battling with it or does it just take a one off intervention for each speed limit zone.
ID.4 150kW Family Pro Performance 77kWh.
Ordered wk48 2021.
Status 30 wk50 2022.
Delivered wk04 2023.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

This is no way definitive but driving in motorway conditions in PCC mode and going through smart changes the car picked it up but say if you’d changed 70 to 72 it would revert to 70 afterwards. The system still has its flaws. As said in previous post, a 30 stretch still says it’s a 60 on the dash and pretty scary when it kicks in. Definitely not perfect.
ID.4 1st edition