Drivers door opens on its own

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Madmanc wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:43 pm Had this problem once didn't give it a thought never accured again but the problems with the door continued wouldn't unlock, hard to unlock and a couple of times couldn't open from the inside went into VW ok for a couple of weeks then same problem again I don't think VW know what's up with the door locking mechanism.
It sounds like the same issue, I also couldn't open the door from the inside yesterday, but today it's been fine.
Weird thing is there's a bulletin to replace the mechanism so dealer should do it little fuss. Issue will be how long it takes.

Madmanc

Post by Madmanc »

My VW is going in to the local VW dealer tomorrow now there's a new fault unable to put air-conditioning on to warm up car in cold weather due to 12 volt not having sufficient power, what next becoming disappointed but there is a silver lining got a VW mechanic that I am on first name terms with. :D
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Madmanc wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:58 pm My VW is going in to the local VW dealer tomorrow now there's a new fault unable to put air-conditioning on to warm up car in cold weather due to 12 volt not having sufficient power, what next becoming disappointed but there is a silver lining got a VW mechanic that I am on first name terms with. :D
Given your name it sounds like you might be in my neck of the woods. Which is your local dealer if you're ok with me asking?
I had an odd conversation with mine today where they said if it's not on the recall exactly it'll be end of April they can sort it, but car going in on Wednesday so will argue with them then.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

So they put a software update on my car, which they said would fix the fault. They'd done diagnostics and took it for a test drive.
Took it on the 1.3 mile journey back to my office and everything seemed great - until I pulled into the car park and "POP" door opened.
They're taking it back in and "hoping" to have it resolved by the weekend for me, they don't have any loan cars or anything else.
Madmanc

Post by Madmanc »

Been into VW for 2 days for door problem then they told me needed new door handles and sensor units but the parts are on back order and will be a couple of weeks so in the mean time just persevere with the problem, that's the best customer service advise I have heard from a main dealer.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Madmanc wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:00 pm Been into VW for 2 days for door problem then they told me needed new door handles and sensor units but the parts are on back order and will be a couple of weeks so in the mean time just persevere with the problem, that's the best customer service advise I have heard from a main dealer.
I'm a bit worried they're going to tell me the same, door flew open at least 4 times on a short journey this morning. Not sure what I'll do, push for a courtesy car but got holidays coming up that won't be doable in something smaller.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Madmanc wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:00 pm Been into VW for 2 days for door problem then they told me needed new door handles and sensor units but the parts are on back order and will be a couple of weeks so in the mean time just persevere with the problem, that's the best customer service advise I have heard from a main dealer.
I'm a bit worried they're going to tell me the same, door flew open at least 4 times on a short journey this morning. Not sure what I'll do, push for a courtesy car but got holidays coming up that won't be doable in something smaller.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

My local dealership has replaced the locking mechanism (note, not the handle) and that has cleared all errors. They're convinced this will resolve the problems I'm having.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Generationgav wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:02 pm My local dealership has replaced the locking mechanism (note, not the handle) and that has cleared all errors. They're convinced this will resolve the problems I'm having.
So - first of all I collected the car and the shiny trim was cracked with no mention from the dealers, so that took a while to sort but they were courteous about it and it's booked in to be fixed.
However, today after it's rained, car door is still opening itself, car won't lock itself, so back it goes.
Only big difference, think due to the software, it only seems to be doing it at a standstill now where it was happening driving previously.