2023 or 2024 Model?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

Asc4187 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:08 pm

I actually only ordered mine in November with an estimated stock date of March 29th. But I suddenly got an update a couple of weeks ago to say is was ready for delivery from 19th February. It was built on 30th January (according to paperwork) so think that is week 5, so I don't actually know how I managed to get it so quickly when I know of people who ordered in like July/August of last year and they still haven't taken delivery. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Mine was ordered in early August as was another of our colleagues that is on one of the FB groups - both have estimated dates of end of March, build week was 3 and then to week 6 (not chased up lookers yet to ask if it was actually built) - boat dependant then, hopefully get mine in the next couple of weeks.

Likely to one of the first in the country - how you finding it so far? First EV? Did it just come with the 7kw cable, or a granny charge cable to?

Asc4187

Post by Asc4187 »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:35 pm

I actually only ordered mine in November with an estimated stock date of March 29th. But I suddenly got an update a couple of weeks ago to say is was ready for delivery from 19th February. It was built on 30th January (according to paperwork) so think that is week 5, so I don't actually know how I managed to get it so quickly when I know of people who ordered in like July/August of last year and they still haven't taken delivery. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Mine was ordered in early August as was another of our colleagues that is on one of the FB groups - both have estimated dates of end of March, build week was 3 and then to week 6 (not chased up lookers yet to ask if it was actually built) - boat dependant then, hopefully get mine in the next couple of weeks.

Likely to one of the first in the country - how you finding it so far? First EV? Did it just come with the 7kw cable, or a granny charge cable to?
Hopefully not too much longer for you to wait.

No, not first EV. I had an MG 5 before this. The ID4 is like a Rolls Royce in comparison. The difference in build quality is just huge. I absolutely love it so far! Only came with 7kw charger, no granny charger.
mib150

Post by mib150 »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm
Asc4187 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:50 pm

Presuming you guys work for the same 75k company that I do, I can confirm that I received my ID4 Life Pro yesterday (I am a grade M6) and it is the 2024 model with all the updates.
I guess so - Starts with an M?

When did you order yours and do you know what week it was built?

My current personal lease goes back in a couple of weeks, have a request in for a hire car if the Id4 isnt here soon but hoping not to need it.
Yes starts with an M.

Top man - I called Lookers yesterday and they said my car was due to be built in week 5? That would be w/c 29th January according to my calendar?
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Asc4187 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:45 pm

No, not first EV. I had an MG 5 before this. The ID4 is like a Rolls Royce in comparison. The difference in build quality is just huge. I absolutely love it so far! Only came with 7kw charger, no granny charger.
Just out of interest does it have a usb c up by the mirror?
Asc4187

Post by Asc4187 »

Pragmatix55 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:51 pm

Just out of interest does it have a usb c up by the mirror?
No not by the mirror. There's 2 in centre console and 2 in the back.
mib150

Post by mib150 »

Does it have the reverse camera?
Asc4187

Post by Asc4187 »

mib150 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:03 pm

Yes it does
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

[/quote]

[/quote]c

That's just the standard I was hoping they would add the one by the mirror, so it's the fuse box for the dash cam :( :(
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

Pragmatix55 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:35 pm
[/quote]c

That's just the standard I was hoping they would add the one by the mirror, so it's the fuse box for the dash cam :( :(
[/quote]

Seen a brand called Fitcamx where the cam is part of the shroud around the interior mirror, powered from the roof console - just need to unplug a wire and fit the new wire inline.

A few vids on youtube on how to fit
mib150

Post by mib150 »

Asc4187 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:24 pm
mib150 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:03 pm

Yes it does
Excellent - thanks