Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Photon

Post by Photon »

Bumped to week 8, entirely unsurprisingly.

And with another wave of covid clearly upon us now, I kinda feel like I could be a good six months away from any kind of delivery.

I wait with interest to see whether others manage to get their builds on time.

Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Can somebody who has successfully been through the buy and receive process please summarise the interaction steps with VW leading up to actually driving it away?

I’m guessing lots of emails?

We ordered in late July and apart from an order confirmation email, nothing. Our local dealership say week 1 build on their spreadsheet when we called in. Thoughts please?
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Helisupp

Post by Helisupp »

This is my first post so please bear with me.

All of my neighbours seem to be purchasing electric cars, every week I see wall chargers being installed, its amazing to see so many people buying electric cars. We test drove the KIA EV6, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Ford Mustang, Jaguar Ipace, Audi Etrons, but the only car we found comfortable and easiest to drive was the ID4.

I went into my dealers in Gloucester a year ago and looked at buying an ID4, they offered me £32,000 for my 2019 (2018 reg) model Touareg and quoted a long lead time for the car which put me off, so did not order the car.

Now 12 months later, last weekend I went to a different dealer and enquired about an ID4, he nearly laughed at me, no demonstrator and 7-10 months lead time. So on the way home I visited the 1st dealer again in Gloucester assuming I would be wasting me time, and what a result.

They already had the model that I wanted in the colour I wanted, Built and about (probably in new year) to ship from factory, and will be here end of Jan beginning of Feb, ID4 Max Pro Performance in white, and the amazing thing is they have offered me £12,000 MORE for my Touareg at £44,000.

A strange car price world we are living in at the moment, my Touareg has only lost £6,000 in 3 years an 4 months of ownership.

Not sure how the ID4 will devalue, but assume in the new year all cars will slowly return to normal used values.
dipsd123

Post by dipsd123 »

Hello! I have ordered an ID4 family edition which has been built but waiting on semi conductors to be installed before it is shipped. Has anyone experienced this? If so, how long did it take for the semi conductors to be installed before it was shipped. Thanks in advance.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I went into my dealer in May just to see what an ev was like. I placed an order for the honey yellow 77kw life model ( though I would have preferred red) and a couple of months later they told me the order was delayed and yellow was no longer available. I requested the new red colour and had little contact with the dealer over the next few months. Eventually, this week I got delivery and am delighted with it after 8 months wait. The dealer kept to his original quote despite the year change so I am 3k better off. As for the chips...this is a global issue and they are slow to come through. To my knowledge they are not something you put in at the end as they are components in nearly every circuit board in the car and keys. Few could predict delivery times at the moment. Ps, I am ireland based.
Helisupp

Post by Helisupp »

Jim

Our ID4 was apparently built 5 months ago in August, but was left at the factory awaiting several "modules", the person who ordered it got impatient and cancelled his order and I took it over, so I only waited 3 weeks for the car, so am happy.

My daughter ordered a Mercedes last year with 3 month delivery quote, car was built and remained at the factory for " rear auto hatch module" for another 7 weeks, the 2022 models are now being delivered with no auto hatch option.
JollyNiceChap

Post by JollyNiceChap »

Ordered my ID4 on 18 October.
Not even a whiff of a build week yet 3 months later.
The dealer reckons delivery somewhere around June.
Sounds like it might be wishful thinking!
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Jolly,
Ordered ours July 31 2021 and still no build confirmation. Initial date was December 31st.
🤞
Last edited by Bedford EV on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkys

Post by Yorkys »

I ordered my ID4 Pure in November 2021 been given a initial date of end of June, fingers crossed as to when it arrives
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

As always, can only speak from our own experience, and as an update to our post above, ordered on 31st July 2021 and told yesterday by local dealer it’s due to arrive first week March 2022. At least it will be the new reg.