Rapid Charge Rate Limited

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
SladdinCJ

Post by SladdinCJ »

Hi. I’ve recently taken ownership of an ID4 First Edition. I understood that the 77kw battery was capable of charging at a maximum rate of 125kwh at rapid charging stations (at least for part of the 5-80% charge curve), however the maximum I’m getting at an Ionity charger is in the 50-70kwh range. Any ideas why this might be? I could have sworn I’d read somewhere about how some First Edition models had a limit placed on the charge rate for some reason (which could be removed by taking it for a service), but can’t seem to find that post anywhere on Google now.

Sean D Mc

Post by Sean D Mc »

Hi. We have a Pure with the 55kw battery. It takes five hours to charge on RAPID charge. The car has been in the dealers multiple times and they can’t do anything to fix it. They said that in their rapid charge test that it took ten minutes to charge 3% (I.e. 330 minutes for a full charge). They had the audacity to claim that this was acceptable!!! I have photos and videos to prove this.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Andy_8

Post by Andy_8 »

This is the best I've seen
The Charging session was a programmed stop in the VW Nav system. (Ambient outside temperature was +1c and I'd been driving for about two an half hours)

Fast Session.JPG

31%.jpg

27%.jpg

15%.jpg

12%.jpg

2021 ID4 GTX (MAX)
Top Sport - Design Plus - Infotainment Plus - Assistance Plus - Sport Plus