3 year Roadside Assistance

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
tkid

Post by tkid »

So I got a card in the post today saying my 1 year complimentary roadside assistance was about to expire.

I thought this was odd as I strongly remember reading the ID.4 brochures back in Jan and Apr 2021clearly stated that the ID.4 would be getting 3 years' cover, and good thing I saved them because it's in black and white:

2022-03-08_12-43-29.jpg

Additionally on VW's website (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... rance.html), it's also stated that ID models get 3 years:

2022-03-08_12-58-42.jpg

If you click Read More, it's also stated: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... tance.html

2022-03-08_13-17-16.jpg

I got in touch with VW Roadside Assistance who told me no, you only get 1 year and I'd have to take it up with the dealership. Called the dealership and they also said no and that they weren't able to do anything about it. They even asked if I got the car through Motability (because that presumably would make it possible?).

Was this 3 year cover something I should have ensured to have in place at the time of purchase? Anyone else had this experience?

I wrote a letter of complaint to vwgcustomercareoperations@theAA.com (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... terms.html), so we'll see what happens.

tkid

Post by tkid »

Decided to call VW Roadside Assistance again, to try to clear things up. Spoke to someone different who properly looked up my account and did confirm that the cover is for 3 years and that the card I received was sent in error.

Annoyed to have been made to run around (and that the first person I spoke to obviously didn't know). Will see if my email will get a response.

But if anyone does get that card in the post, double check that you're covered I suppose.
tkid

Post by tkid »

Got a reply - VWG apparently sent the data to the Roadside Assistance group twice.

Once under the VWPC customer group and the second time to the VW ID customer group (where VW ID customer group is the correct one).

As VWG had sent the vehicle data under the VWPC customer group, this triggered the letter that was sent as VWPC customers only get 1 years' cover.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Great information, thank you. I received a card in the post this morning advising that my complimentary breakdown cover would expire on 19th April. I must admit, I was never aware of three years cover and my dealer certainly didn’t mention it.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Managed to speak to VW Roadside Assistance this morning and they confirmed the 3 year cover for my ID4.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Cheers for that information, i have also received a reminder letter so emailed them and they confirmed it had been registered twice and that i did have 3 year breakdown cover and disregard the letter.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

The AA are still sending these notifications. I have just received one, but rang and they confirmed that I have 3 years.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)
blaurelena

Post by blaurelena »

Man, I feel your frustration with the whole roadside assistance thing. It's pretty frustrating when what you've read in the brochures doesn't match up with what you're being told.
It's totally reasonable to expect what's promised in black and white. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably give the dealership or VW customer service another call just to make sure everything's on the same page.
Speaking of road troubles, I remember when my car left me stranded once. I didn't hesitate to call a towing service company, and they swooped in to save the day. They're like the unsung heroes of the road, always there when you need them.