V2.4 Dealer/Service point upgrades starting July 2022

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

VW have released information about rolling out v2.4 starting soon on older IDs. See this video for more:

Summary
- Wait to be invited by your dealer/service point, don't chase them!
- 12v battery being replaced where needed
- one Control Unit that can't currently be updated OTA then will be
- Cars then able to get OTA updates to 3.0 in future (don't hold breath)

CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Personally I'm leasing mine, so I don't know if my invite will come direct or via the leasing company.

If anyone already with second-hand ID, not sure how they trace you unless you're registered/linked through app/web with vwcdealer/service point.
Vpatz232

Post by Vpatz232 »

2022 VW ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure 148PS
Scale Silver
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/wise-shell-392
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Just contacted my dealer and was informed that the 2.4 update and possible battery replacement is scheduled to be available from 11th July. They will call me when my car is available for the update. They are patiently waiting for confirmation of the software from VW.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
gflacko

Post by gflacko »

Just phoned my local VW service and the car is booked in on the 19th July. They seemed to know about the update. Let you all know how it goes.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
Sainsy

Post by Sainsy »

My delaer knew nothing about it, said there was no recall for the ID4, tried explaining it wasn't a recall but they didn't understand!
gflacko

Post by gflacko »

Update on my previous message - garage put in the VIN number to VW and there was no update available yet for my car. They think VW may be doing a rolling update. They will let me know when one for my car becomes available. Maybe the 11th of July as per a previous message is the key. I will wait and see.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Just received our 2.4 invite email and able to get a dealer two day slot within two weeks, but went for first week of August. More later.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
ngauging

Post by ngauging »

Car currently in workshop in Letchworth for battery exchange and software uodate. Our second ID4 goes in tgomorow for the same work. It is schediled to take two days and I beleive they can only manage two cars a week so the whole process will be drawn out. I did not get 2.3 but from contacting VW Digital I am told the car will be fully updated now.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I had an email from VW UK yesterday, inviting me to make an appointment with my dealer. I rang my dealer and was told that the software wasn't available yet, so today I rang VW UK. They didn't have an answer at the time but emailed me later this afternoon advising me to book an appointment with my dealer week commencing 31st July, as the initial invite was sent out prematurely. There's obviously no consistency with this battery upgrade and software update.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2