TRONITY issues and using with ABRP (and its issues)

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

I watched a video about using ABRP (A Better Route Planner) through AndroidAuto linked to TRONITY by Battery Life:

TRONITY is a cloud service that collects data on a regular basis from your EV and provides some useful information back to you - it can also link through to other services like ABRP to show proper state of charge etc in a route-planner like ABRP so it can adjust routes and charge stops appropriately.

I registered on the TRONITY website for a 14 day trial - linked through my We Connect ID account. I immediately noticed that only battery charge and charge sessions are displayed. The Odometer doesn't link without v3.0+ in your car apparently - meaning no trip recordings, and no consumption calculations. This morning TRINITY emailed me to give me a free account "until such time that the ID.4 provides more data".

Still - live state of charge in ABRP might be useful so attempted to link to TRONITY... but for some reasons it correctly shows it's talking to TRONITY and shows my car's VIN, but it won't then authorise a permanent connection.

Have I forgotten to mention that I regularly have issues with my Android Auto freezing the GPS location when I'm using any mapping software - Google Maps, TomTom and ABRP have all suffered. UNusually I was using Google Maps a couple of weeks ago on the way to a business meeting, pulled off the M1 and the Android Auto map stopped working and froze... bu@@er i thought, I don;t know the way - until I noticed that the SatNav widget on the binnacle was still working driven by Google Maps (no route in car's SatNav)- meaning that GPS was working on my phone OK but somthing broke in Android Auto. One day that will hopefully improve unless someone knows a trick?

So all this tech and their possibilities are just vapourware for me until:
a) VW update my car software (more on that in another thread) so it will talk to TRONITY
b) ABRP and TRONITY will talk to each other...
c) ABRP and any other software stops freezing at crucial junctures on a long trip!