We Charge

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I’ve just reactivated my We Charge card on the ‘free’ tariff and it went through as expected. Full address in UK no problem. Not sure why there’s been issues with only offering Germany. Do you have a VPN spoofing a German location (shot in the dark)?
ID.4 1st edition

icowden

Post by icowden »

It's very odd. I'm on Android my online ID has my address and country (UK) populated.
In the Android App I tap "charging on the go" which takes me to "We Charge by Elli".
I select charging plan - We Charge Free.
It gives me a run down of the prices, contract period etc.
Then asks if I already have a card. I tap "No, I need a charging card".
It then asks for my Billing Address, but the word "Germany" shows at the bottom of the screen.

Interestingly this time it has allowed me to go past into the next screen (I entered United Kingdom as province instead of Surrey).
On the address it has United Kingdom, Germany at the end of it.

Lets hope the postal service doesn't get confused...
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

icowden wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:57 pm It's very odd. I'm on Android my online ID has my address and country (UK) populated.
In the Android App I tap "charging on the go" which takes me to "We Charge by Elli".
It then asks for my Billing Address, but the word "Germany" shows at the bottom of the screen.

Interestingly this time it has allowed me to go past into the next screen (I entered United Kingdom as province instead of Surrey).

🤞🏻
ID.4 1st edition
littleyoung

Post by littleyoung »

icowden wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:57 pm It's very odd. I'm on Android my online ID has my address and country (UK) populated.

I got a very similar situation like you. My android device original setting display language in Tradition Chinese (Hong Kong). I try subscribe the WeCharge Free and it shows out Russian (I sent to my dealer, my dealer told me it is Russian) and I don't know how to fill in. Then I email to VW team though the WeConnect ID app, they told me some solution but it doesn't help. Finally, I set the device display language in English (UK), uninstall the app and restart the device then install again. Lucky, it shows up English finally.
icowden

Post by icowden »

Just FYI, the card did turn up!

The covering letter was entirely in German, so I suppose the UK address didn't give away that I don't speak German.
Hey ho!