Build week delay until Jan 2023

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

we also test drove the Tesla, admittedly in August 2021, before we ordered our Life. Key reasons we went ID4 were: space, comfort and simplicity, but at the time ... Gov grant threshold. However, we went on to buy a Style in late 2022 because of the overall TCO package at prevailing price appeared better. We included the service package and service inconvenience given our 'suburban location' and distance to closest Tesla garage.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red

Markydee

Post by Markydee »

Agree that the smaller battery id4’s still have some price advantages over the Tesla but having ordered the pro performance the Tesla is actually now cheaper which is madness and I feel the killer blow for vw. This will have a massive impact on vw sales and deservedly so… there is no way on earth a new customer is going to choose an I.D4 with an 18 months wait list over a Tesla for less cash with a delivery time of a few weeks… my personal option of course but I just can’t see it. Best of luck to all those in a similar situation to me (a year in to the order with still no hope of delivery any time soon) - hope you all see some progress soon
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Now that Teslas are considerably cheaper, I can understand people having second thoughts about having to wait so long for their orders, but what is a Tesla like to drive. I've never been in one let alone driven one, but from a number of posts on other forums, the feeling I get is that they are not the best cars to drive and everything is communicated through one main screen in the car. I want to drive a good car, not a computer on wheels. Just my opinion.
Last edited by Warrior on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Warrior wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:17 pm Now that Teslas are considerably cheaper, I can understand people having second thoughts about having to wait so long for their orders, but what is a Tesla like to drive. I've never been in one let alone driven one, but from a number of posts on other forums, the feeling I get is that they are not the best cars to drive and everything is communicated through one main screen in the car. I want to drive a good car not a computer wheels. Just my opinion.
So I test drove a model Y before ordering my ID.4.
They're faster than the ID.4 and the suspension is a lot firmer, this makes a sportier and less floaty ride than the ID.4. As a family car wanting to do long distances including UK holidays the ID.4 made more sense to us.
And yes, you have one large screen which contains everything, including the Speedo. It felt very unnatural not to have the speed directly in front of me