Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Build to delivery does seem to be 2-6 weeks. I think around one ship a month leaves so it depends if your car gets there just as a ship is about to leave, or if it just misses one.
My ID.4 will be coming into Grimsby and has less than 40 miles to get to the dealership, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty quick once it's in the UK. Obviously once it's built.

Deltadave

Post by Deltadave »

So just to throw this into the ring:

I ordered my family pro 77 at the end of last march. Not heard anything. This week I spoke to the salesman. He came back and said basically it’s gotten nowhere. However they are getting cancelled orders coming through, and had one similar to mine. Slightly more toys on it, glass roof, matrix headlights etc. I even managed to haggle a bit on price - in all about a grand more than my order. For anyone out there fed up of waiting, it might be worth checking local dealers stocks…..
Pro 77kwh 3.2 software
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Deltadave wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:33 pm So just to throw this into the ring:

I ordered my family pro 77 at the end of last march. Not heard anything. This week I spoke to the salesman. He came back and said basically it’s gotten nowhere. However they are getting cancelled orders coming through, and had one similar to mine. Slightly more toys on it, glass roof, matrix headlights etc. I even managed to haggle a bit on price - in all about a grand more than my order. For anyone out there fed up of waiting, it might be worth checking local dealers stocks…..
Problem I've found with local dealer stocks is that unless you're paying cash then you're looking at 9.6% instead of 7% APR. I've yet to find a deal that quite works out as affordable.
Although a Family Pro should have glass roof and matrix lights anyway.
Deltadave

Post by Deltadave »

No, they were optional extras at the time, like the alloy wheels that they decided to make standard.
Pro 77kwh 3.2 software
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Deltadave wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:25 am No, they were optional extras at the time, like the alloy wheels that they decided to make standard.
I got a quote for an ID.4 Family Pro on the 17th April 2022, this definitely included glass rood and matrix lights as standard and the brochure I got e-mailed says this also and that's for vehicles from October 2021. The Life at this point did have alloys.

I literally just got off the phone to another dealer with a similar car to my factory order, with the good deal on my car plus 7% APR (9.6% now) I'd be looking at another £70/month - looks like I'm just waiting and keeping my fingers crossed.
Vinnychase

Post by Vinnychase »

After 13 months the car has finally arrived at the dealership. They wanted to deliver next week :lol: Told them to hold on till 1st March.

Was around 4 weeks from build to delivery to dealership.

Ordered through Leaseplan via VW Windrush.
PW-ID4

Post by PW-ID4 »

Just make sure they don't register it before March and simply hold the delivery back.
I suspect there has been a fairly recent shipment as I've had a message this week to say the car is now with dealer and ready for delivery.
7.5 months from order to delivery for my car which is ahead of the original guide of 9 to 12 months.
Last edited by PW-ID4 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

I know I've been told that you have to collect within 10 days to ensure the price remains the same. Are dealers OK with hanging on until March?
I presume the 13 months was officially a fleet/lease car as they do seem to be coming much quicker now.
Vinnychase

Post by Vinnychase »

Wasn’t an issue changing to 1st March. Registered as 23 plate as I’ve got the number plate confirmed!
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

My car isn't ready yet, but my dealer is telling me when the car is in I have a strict 7 days to collect. Already stressing me out as I'm going to have to get a reasonable public transport journey there.