First service

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Took my ID4 1st edition in for its first service yesterday. I’d bought the service plan so nothing to pay.
Service receptionist, “I see it’s due an A/C service, would you be interested at a hundred and something pounds.”
“No thanks.” I said. (Probably way cheaper elsewhere and it works fine anyway.)
Later…
Text from the mechanic with a video ‘health check’. Pointing out the wiper blades are “smeary” we will replace them @£52 if you like. Er… no, I replaced them two months ago, myself. It took five minutes. “Your key fob battery is low, we can replace it @ £6” no thanks, I can manage. That is also very easy to do.
Then receptionist calls to repeat all that and I challenged him. He agreed with me that the wipers were fine.
Then I remembered why I stopped using main dealers for servicing, they’re always trying to prise more money out of you. I only went with them because my usual service people lack enough knowledge of EV’s.
Upshot: Apart from the MOT next year and any warranty work that might need doing they have lost a customer.
ID.4 1st edition

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I booked mine in for it's first service yesterday and was offered a service plan, which included brake fluid change, pollen filter and an MOT next year, all for £199.99. They also advised me that there was a recall for a problem with the hinges on the rear doors. I asked about software v3 and was met with silence!!
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:56 pm I booked mine in for it's first service yesterday and was offered a service plan, which included brake fluid change, pollen filter and an MOT next year, all for £199.99. They also advised me that there was a recall for a problem with the hinges on the rear doors. I asked about software v3 and was met with silence!!
Exactly the same as mine, software update was ignored. Mentioned this in the questionnaire I got today from VW by email. You’ll get one too I guess. I’ll add that five stars were rarer than hens teeth.
ID.4 1st edition
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Stupid question but did you all wait for the car to tell you that it was due a service or did you go on mileage/age? We are approaching 30k miles and two years ownership but had nothing pop up on the car to mention a service as yet.....
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

wilts_jeff wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 am Stupid question but did you all wait for the car to tell you that it was due a service or did you go on mileage/age? We are approaching 30k miles and two years ownership but had nothing pop up on the car to mention a service as yet.....
I knew it was about due but the car also informed me “xx days until your inspection” every day until the garage reset it. FYI: there were around 22,000 miles on the clock.

P.S. Not a stupid question, we’re all here to help if we can.
ID.4 1st edition
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

AndyF wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:18 pm
wilts_jeff wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 am Stupid question but did you all wait for the car to tell you that it was due a service or did you go on mileage/age? We are approaching 30k miles and two years ownership but had nothing pop up on the car to mention a service as yet.....
I knew it was about due but the car also informed me “xx days until your inspection” every day until the garage reset it. FYI: there were around 22,000 miles on the clock.

P.S. Not a stupid question, we’re all here to help if we can.
Thanks Andy appreciate the response. We own another VW and previously our local garage has told us to wait until the service due warning appeared so I suspect we will get something pop up a bit closer to the 2 years...

Cheers.
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Same as Andy. I knew mine was due, as it was just coming up to 2 years and also got the notification from the car.
EO Mini Pro 2
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Well, I've just come back from having my first service. Long story, but in a nutshell, VW, not dealer, does not recognise my registration and unable to offer service plan. Also, it would appear that VW are removing the existing service plan offer anyway. After very polite negotiation the dealer honoured the agreed price, but did not include MOT next year. I accepted this, as quote from VW for today's service was about £360. Also, I told them how frustrated I was about the fiasco regarding software v3.0 update. They have agreed to do this for me next week. I will report back.
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:27 am Well, I've just come back from having my first service. Long story, but in a nutshell, VW, not dealer, does not recognise my registration and unable to offer service plan. Also, it would appear that VW are removing the existing service plan offer anyway. After very polite negotiation the dealer honoured the agreed price, but did not include MOT next year. I accepted this, as quote from VW for today's service was about £360. Also, I told them how frustrated I was about the fiasco regarding software v3.0 update. They have agreed to do this for me next week. I will report back.
Was that Listers Evesham? They completely ignored my query about v3.0.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Yes, Listers Evesham. I did push this a bit, as VW had messed up the service plan agreement, but I remained calm and polite, which I think really helps when you're trying to get something resolved. Anyway, we'll see what happens next week.
EO Mini Pro 2