Wireless Mobile Charger

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
justinholland72

Post by justinholland72 »

Hi had anyone actual had any luck with getting the wireless mobile phone charger working? I did see the confirmation message pop up once on the central screen but didn't last for long!

ejnar

Post by ejnar »

It works fine for me but after charging for some time it stops, starts later, stops, starts later.... My guess is that the phone gets warm and pauses charging.

I am almost always using Google Maps so the phone is not just idle while being charged.
ID.4 Pro Performance, Family edition received October 2021. Finally on SW version 3.2 since 1-Dec-2023.
Denmark
PW-ID4

Post by PW-ID4 »

My seems to work fine too, once I put the phone the right way round.
As with most wireless charging, in cars, the phone does get very warm.
I've not noticed it stop and start though at any point.
ejnar

Post by ejnar »

PW-ID4 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:42 am I've not noticed it stop and start though at any point.
Could depend on the individual phone. Mine is a Samsung S10.
ID.4 Pro Performance, Family edition received October 2021. Finally on SW version 3.2 since 1-Dec-2023.
Denmark
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

There was a bit of a mystery around the wireless charger in my first edition when I bought it. Both the salesman and I swear blind we saw my phone charging while he was showing me around. Later it stopped and we couldn’t get it to charge. He went and checked with others, came back and said, “it hasn’t got one”. We both saw a green battery symbol on my phone though. Work that one out.
I’ve since made a foam frame that has a wireless charger underneath and a space for my phone on top. Ugly but it works.
ID.4 1st edition